br0br0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nutella said:
Puppy_Washer said:
MADKATZ99 said:
The power supply might cause some problems, I don't know.
Yeah, I just need to buy a US to AUS converter plug. It's very cheap, so that's fine.
You better make sure you're buying a transformer, not an adapter. You can't just change the shape of the plug, you need to actually convert the voltage.

Or just use your existing DS charger, if you have one, plugged into your imported 3ds. No adapter at all need then, mm kay .

4.6V / 900 mA = output of ds charger required to charge battery = Same output of 3ds charger required to charge battery. Use your existing DS charger. The end.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Depends on whether the charger is dual voltage or not. If the charger says something like "110v - 240v", it's dual voltage so you're fine. If it says "100v - 110v" or something similar, it's best you don't push your luck. The voltage in Australia output is 240v.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
br0br0 said:
nutella said:
Puppy_Washer said:
MADKATZ99 said:
Yeah, I just need to buy a US to AUS converter plug. It's very cheap, so that's fine.
You better make sure you're buying a transformer, not an adapter. You can't just change the shape of the plug, you need to actually convert the voltage.

Or just use your existing DS charger, if you have one, plugged into your imported 3ds. No adapter at all need then, mm kay .

4.6V / 900 mA = output of ds charger required to charge battery = Same output of 3ds charger required to charge battery. Use your existing DS charger. The end.
That's provided they use the same charger. Then yes, that would be the best option.
EDIT: Apologies for the double post...

br0br0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nutella said:
br0br0 said:
nutella said:
Puppy_Washer said:
MADKATZ99 said:

That's provided they use the same charger. Then yes, that would be the best option.
EDIT: Apologies for the double post...

I fk up. Use existing DSi charger for 3ds.. (left out the most crucial part, the "i")

source :

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/01/1..._hardware_info/

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
D

Deleted-188346

OP
I already have 2 DSi chargers.
happy.gif

Cheers for the info guys, I'll update my first post incase any other Australians are interested in the American 3DS's.

FireGrey said:
meh, only that you have to import games aswell.
EDIT: OH YEAH the charging cable aswell,
You will need a US to AUS adapter for it.
The entire reason I'm purchasing the American 3DS is because of the importing of games. It's also cheaper, even if you use express shipping for a single game.
Also, saving a further $100 on the 3DS just sweetens the deal.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Puppy_Washer said:
happy.gif

Cheers for the info guys, I'll update my first post incase any other Australians are interested in the American 3DS's.

FireGrey said:
meh, only that you have to import games aswell.
EDIT: OH YEAH the charging cable aswell,
You will need a US to AUS adapter for it.
The entire reason I'm purchasing the American 3DS is because of the importing of games. It's also cheaper, even if you use express shipping for a single game.
Also, saving a further $100 on the 3DS just sweetens the deal.
Ahh i see.
that is a smart thing to do except for people who don't like buying off the net.

br0br0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
happy.gif

- ---8X------------ - cut here - ------------------------8X- ------------------------------- - 8X - ---------------------------------

You have 2 x DSi charger, so you need nothing else, just plug existing DSi charger into power port on your imported 3DS and it will charge perfectly.

DSi Charger already makes the voltage right for 3DS.. Some people comment here, they need to look at the information label on the charger to "understand" the real voltage going into DSi/3DS is universal.

D

Deleted-188346

OP
br0br0 said:
Puppy_Washer said:
happy.gif

- ---8X------------ - cut here - ------------------------8X- ------------------------------- - 8X - ---------------------------------

You have 2 x DSi charger, so you need nothing else, just plug existing DSi charger into power port on your imported 3DS and it will charge perfectly.

DSi Charger already makes the voltage right for 3DS.. Some people comment here, they need to look at the information label on the charger to "understand" the real voltage going into DSi/3DS is universal.
This post scared me at first. It looked like you were telling me to do some modding and cut my charger cable, lol...

LordSturm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Then you have to pay shipping for each title you buy, and you can't play your friends games etc.

I wonder if it will even let you "Download Play" in Australia.

I decided to get 3DS from DSE for $298 with a free game.

D

Deleted-188346

OP
LordSturm said:
Then you have to pay shipping for each title you buy, and you can't play your friends games etc.

I wonder if it will even let you "Download Play" in Australia.

I decided to get 3DS from DSE for $298 with a free game.
Games are, on average, $40 from the United States.
Shipping is $25, express.
At $65 per game, it's still cheaper than Australian games. If you buy more than one title, you'll save even more money.

And that's a good question about Download Play.
Does anybody know if that worked for the DSi or DSiXL, with different region consoles?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
DS DownloadPlay is region free.
Who knows about 3DS. But it probably will stay region free.

Another plus to buying an American 3DS is the eShop's demos.
You can be fairly certain you'll get the demos in America long before Europe or Australia do, given Nintendo's track record with everything else.

On the charger issue, my US DSi's charger needed a transformer to work here in Ireland.
Australian mains voltage is the same as ours here, but you have Australian chargers for the DSi so you're fine, just saying for other people.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm also thinking about importing a US 3DS because it will be cheaper, no way I'm paying $100 for each good 3DS game.
Can someone suggest a site where I can get it from, a site that ships to Sweden?

I'll gladly pay $300 no problem still cheaper than here, here they charge $460 for preorders, sick.
The original DS launched here with a $250 price tag, but it dropped in price rather quickly so I really hope that this is the case with the 3DS.

D

Deleted-188346

OP
Eerpow said:
I'm also thinking about importing a US 3DS because it will be cheaper, no way I'm paying $100 for each good 3DS game.
Can someone suggest a site where I can get it from, a site that ships to Sweden?

I'll gladly pay $300 no problem still cheaper than here, here they charge $460 for preorders, sick.
The original DS launched here with a $250 price tag, but it dropped in price rather quickly so I really hope that this is the case with the 3DS.
Sweden is grouped with Australia on Amazon, so I assume they can ship to you as well.
Give Amazon a shot.
And ouch, $460?

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
If you read Iwata Asks, they said that StreetPass is regionfree. Like, if you took your DS to another place in the world, you could still exchange mii data, Nintendogs+cats data and other stuff.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
PAL doesn't really have anything to do with this as it's a handheld and as far as I know most handheld's run using a standard video format(NTSC?), that is other than PSP which can plug into a television.

I'm sure that the system will eventually get hacked much like the Wii to allow for region free gameplay, which should be there by default for the many people who want to import games that don't get released in their region.

Anyways buying a region locked system out of your region will get pretty costly with all the shipping charges and such for any games you would buy.

D

Deleted-188346

OP
RchUncleSkeleton said:
Anyways buying a region locked system out of your region will get pretty costly with all the shipping charges and such for any games you would buy.
Actually, it's still cheaper to purchase games from the US for Australians. Even if you purchased a single game, with the fastest shipping, you're saving $15.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Black_Knight_666 said:
Quick question: i have an australian dsi xl charger. will that work with a USA 3ds?? i dont want to fry my system lol
If the DSi XL charger is the same as the DSi, then yes it will work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)