Hacking [URGENT] Will this brick my wii?

AnimaJump

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemptranslationteam.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Wii Information

Region: NA
Mod type: Soft-mod
Version: 4.3U

Situation

Now about a few months back my mom wanted to use my Wii to watch Netflix but when I tried using Netflix the Wii had to be updated. So I told my mom the risk of updating or what I had heard the risk were anyway. She said it doesn't really matter and to just take the risk in updating. So I did and the Wii to my surprise still worked just fine. But now my mom gave me the Wii back but the HBC is still on the Wii menu as well as USB Loader GX.

Question

Will trying to use either the HBC or USB Loader GX brick my Wii?

I don't have Bootmii even though I probably should. My mom still uses this thing from time to time so I don't want to take the risk and brick it. Just wondering if I'm just freaking out or not.

Thanks! :lol:

_acid_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just trying to use the hbc and usb loader gx will not brick your wii.

but you should definitely install bootmii and priiloader.

AnimaJump

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemptranslationteam.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
It won't brick, but your cIOSes are probably gone. You'll need to reinstall those for USB Loader GX to load games.
What will happen if I don't reinstall them and just try to load a game? Because I tried USB Loader GX and it seems to open up fine only thing is I didn't have a usb in my Wii at the time so it said it couldn't find one but that's all.

rooskie54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What will happen if I don't reinstall them and just try to load a game? Because I tried USB Loader GX and it seems to open up fine only thing is I didn't have a usb in my Wii at the time so it said it couldn't find one but that's all.

Black Screen maybe? Might reboot the wii. Won't hurt anything. Can't cause a brick.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
You sound a bit experienced, and that's okay!
A few things you should know.
Since you were already on 4.3, the HBC and the custom channels were not removed, however your CIOS' have been replaced. :(
Install Priiloader on there NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Loading a game with USB Loader GX will cause either a black/green screen, a instant shutdown of the Wii, or a reboot. Either way your Wii won't be damaged.
I suggest posting a sysCheck or just use ModMii and confirm your softmods and what needs updating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol