Gaming [Urgent!!]Wii turns off under a second after its turned on

nugundam0079

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to turn on my wii a few minutes earlier and the system immediately turned off-first the drive flashes blue(as if its turning on) then the led light turns off and the entire console turns off..after unplugging the ac adapter and then plugging it back in. The wii led turns red(as if it was off) I dont know what to do. Quick surfing on the net has told me to leave the wii unplugged for certain amounts of time than try again. I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else here on GBAtemp?

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
nugundam0079 said:
I will keep bumping this till I get a reply.

Chill outski dude!! I had the same problem and turned out to be my fan. Slightly worn out and not kicking in properly. I've also read that dodgy bluetooth modules can cause this problem. IF one of these IS your problem, then its not expensive at all. Replacement fans and BT modules can be bought for next to nothing. Hope this helps

strict9gs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i HAVE actually had this happen to me, quite a few times......im not sure, but it seems to be in the plug ......as ive messed with the plug then it came back on , im not sure how i "tripped" it.......ive even went as far as buying a new power supply , it was unplugged for awhile , while i went and got the new one.....so i just tried plugging the old one back in and everything worked fine

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
It can happen if you have a powered usb hub or a usb that draws to much power the power light will usually turn off completly needing the wii unplugged and plugged back in so if you have any usb's in take them out and try

nugundam0079

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies guys-Im taking a stab in the dark and guessing its the adapter-I have a friend who's coming by later with his adapter and we're gonna test that theory(I really hope its the adapter i dont want to send my wii out for repairs at some shady shop)

ive also left the adapter unplugged from the power strip and from the wii for a bit but that still doesnt work :/

nugundam0079

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bazamuffin said:
nugundam0079 said:

Chill outski dude!! I had the same problem and turned out to be my fan. Slightly worn out and not kicking in properly. I've also read that dodgy bluetooth modules can cause this problem. IF one of these IS your problem, then its not expensive at all. Replacement fans and BT modules can be bought for next to nothing. Hope this helps

That means i would have to manually open up my wii (bluetooth module??) and put these parts in myself..yikes!

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nugundam0079 said:
bazamuffin said:
nugundam0079 said:

That means i would have to manually open up my wii (bluetooth module??) and put these parts in myself..yikes!

Or send your Wii to a "shady" shop Carlton Banks!

If the power bar theory doesn't work for you then ^ is your only option =/...

jbm715

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I wanted to mod my wii so this gave me a good excuse. I bought a Wiisper fan replacement and a case replacement. I used this site for how to open the wii. Since I was installing a new case, replacing the fan was easy.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
buy a new fan and take out the worn one, there is a small plug at the end of the fan wires (not sure of the correct name) just pull it out and replace with the new one. takes two mins if you have experience with opening wii's.........................sudeki300

nugundam0079

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the advice you two, to be honest im PETRIFIED at the thought if having to open my wii up..and make matters worse-ill be finding out in a while if its the AC adapter..if THAT isnt the problem though...ug

nugundam0079

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh--I just got back from my friends place-Its not the AC adapter....
I called a local game shop and they said that the chances of it being repaired (if its not a power problem) are slim.

I'm really hoping its the fan at this point :/

M Dragon159

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have any USB things attached to your wii? someone said something about taking them out already, but it does work. I have a hardrive connected and a Headbanger headset. My wii actually never starts up (fan goes on steroids, but no reaction by wii remote or tv)
Once i take out the headbanger, i can turn on the wii normally. and then i just put the headset back in ^.^

nugundam0079

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M Dragon159 said:
Do you have any USB things attached to your wii? someone said something about taking them out already, but it does work. I have a hardrive connected and a Headbanger headset. My wii actually never starts up (fan goes on steroids, but no reaction by wii remote or tv)
Once i take out the headbanger, i can turn on the wii normally. and then i just put the headset back in ^.^

Thanks-but I dont have anything attached to my wii

twiiges

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a buddy of mine is having the same problem. i am replacing his fans today and his BT module. good luck with your repairs.

if you get it working please post what you did to fix it,... i'll do the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"