Homebrew Urgent : USBloader, FCultra,VBAGX forwarders dont work why?

blackacidevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi ther,e

i have to do and finish this system for my friend whos going up north in about 1 to 2 hours.

Heres my problem,

I installed the FCUltra forwarder/usbloadergx/gba forwarder channels, and they dont work off the system menu. They revert back to the wii system menu.

It goes black then reloads home screen (opening screen)

Running it from homebrew menu they work. What am I missing

Ive tried downgrading to cios 17 on 249

Ive reinstalled 222/223 V5

Also note that CFG loader works the channel.

and Homebrew obviously.

USB LOADER GX , all

Yes Ive looked everywhere on messages here and google. But its all 2009 and Im updated well,

verison 4.1 menu, installed via the softmod guide

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you know where the channels are forwarding to, and have the application in the right location.

blackacidevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wish it was, i grew up with Dos and im good with getting that stuff right.

Ive checked the readme.txt with the forwarder and i have correct location, plus multiple otherdirectories it might checkas well

also Ive made them exact case sensitive.

And I just put the exact same apps folder from my SD card on my USB drive

Again

Homebrew works, config usb loader works.

not the damn three,vba,usbloader, triiforce, gbagx forwarders, why on earth?

what am i missing here

ALSO i have installed them as iso 250 and no go as well

blackacidevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Got a theory

SOmehow if its fat, orginal fat16. Im thining, theres a file number limit. So if the apps directory was added with fceugx later affter the file limit then the devicewould makeit null or not there.

So converting to fat32, yes it should have been, but ive got two sd cards for diff systems and theyve worked and never thought of it,

I have covers on the sd cards which would put it over the limit.

If this doesnt work, then Im pretty sure theres no solution, googles full of the same problems and no results. But im just about out of time here now.

blackacidevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And finally

No they dont work

Heres some more information

they both want to install to ios 61. It says they are using IOS 61 to install (VBA and FCEULTRA forwarder)

Triiforce forwarder did work,

The other two did not

USB loader GX DID NOT work

its very sad.
really, its a good loader, I wish it had better support

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
blackacidevil said:
Again

Homebrew works, config usb loader works.

not the damn three,vba,usbloader, triiforce, gbagx forwarders, why on earth?
So...vbagx, usbloader and triiforce work if you run them from the HBC, but not if you run the forwarder from the menu?

In that case, it's something with the forwarder channel. Dunno what's wrong with it (points to wrong directory, perhaps?). Just download another one...I bet there's a lot of those things out there. I recently installed these forwarders (for Tantric's emulators) and they work fine.

If I misread you and the homebrew DOESN'T work from the HBC, then you should check your IOS'es and cIOS'es. Tantric's emulators use IOS58 nowadays...you may need to install that if you're on a firmware below 4.3.

kazekun

Trophies
XP
Country
i had a similiar problem with usb loader gx, it was installed as a channel, but when i turned it on, it would turn black screen after 2s and go back to menu, never found out why, neither did i try, what i did was, i picked Configurable Usb loader, putted directly in external disk, and to run my games, i go to homebrewchannel, and acess from there and it works perfectly ( other thing, my usb loader gx also works, if i run it directly from homebrew channel, but didnt work as a channel itself)

If you dont want to do this heres what i sugest, reinstall the things you tryed, may fix the problem, that same problem hapened to me at begin with bootmii and i was forced to reinstall everything to make bootmii work, and it did work after i reinstalled it.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Usually missing IOS for that forwarder or path not found if that happens. Use MultiModManager to check that your IOS's are up to date. I would normally recommend Modmii but Im trying to eliminate the download->transportation->installation process by doing it in a HBC app

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link to the topic where you got these forwarders, it may be that you don't have the IOS they are trying to launch on.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
blackacidevil said:
they both want to install to ios 61. It says they are using IOS 61 to install (VBA and FCEULTRA forwarder)

There's at least part of your problem. You need to have IOS58 installed. Run Tantric's IOS 58 Installer. After you do that, re-install the Homebrew Channel by re-running the HackMii Installer. Then reinstall the channels using the channel installers (I'm assuming you're using the official channels, not wads you found online).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte