Melee54

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was running 3.2u forever, finally decided to update. Made a Nand backup using bootmii beforehand. Ran the 4.2 safe firmware updater, and it has frozen at "attempting to install IOS34", specifically the "0000001b", 1/15. It has been there for a good 20+ minutes.

I'm afraid to restart the wii. What should I do?

unsure.gif

Edit: gave in and restarted. Nothing happened -__- ... LOL. All that worry for nothing. Trying again!

Any ideas as to why it froze? I thought it gave an error if the internet connection was lost. Hmm.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
This is because this "Safe Updater" isn't so safe.
The problem is that the updater download a file, install, download other file, install, etc..
At least Waninkoko 4.2 update didn't do that, and only install AFTER ALL files are downloaded.

I recomend you install Waninkoko 4.2 Updater, and after that, use DOP-IOS to install some ios without trucha (because this updater trucha nearly all ios, and you need some fresh ios).

Melee54

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TyRaNtM said:
This is because this "Safe Updater" isn't so safe.
The problem is that the updater download a file, install, download other file, install, etc..
At least Waninkoko 4.2 update didn't do that, and only install AFTER ALL files are downloaded.

I recomend you install Waninkoko 4.2 Updater, and after that, use DOP-IOS to install some ios without trucha (because this updater trucha nearly all ios, and you need some fresh ios).

Darn... well the "safe" updater just finished, and I used DOP-IOS to sighash IOS70...

Guess we'll see if it works :/

I wish I would have used Waninkoko's. But hey, if this works i'm good, haha.

Edit: Noooo! The dumb health message is back! It's been ages since I got rid of it, can't even remember how... Haha, oh man.

mdmachine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the health screen thing is a "hack" from starfall/preloader. Easy enough to re-implement. Just get the latest priiloader with the 4.2 hacks.ini

And the safe updater is safe, from what I gather it DOES NOT "download a file, install, download other file, install, etc..". So unless countless other people are mistaken, it is in fact TyRaNtM who is mistaken (or from the looks of it as this issue was first mentioned and dismissed 17 days ago, has a bone to pick).

Anyhow glad to see it updated properly, I do not know why it would have froze while installing the IOS. Maybe you should report that in the main thread.

alexcalibur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The safe updater doesn't do anything dangerous. It downloads a file then installs it, that's true. But there's nothing wrong with that - anyone that says otherwise doesn't really understand how the wii works. Even if the installer doesn't finish, it doesn't hurt your wii to have partial new ios. It has more or less the same risk as a nintendo update - hardly any.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
It's exactly the same as a Nintendo update but leaves all cIOSes and boot2 alone.

I don't know what Waninkoko's does, exactly but I know that trucha signing every IOS isn't needed.

He has made some great apps. 4.2 updater isn't one of them.

Melee54

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks MDmachine.

Well, so far this is giving me trouble. I can't play any games through the disc channel, it's asking for a system update. (Well, to be honest, I've only tried SSBB). It asks for an update. "Wat do"?

Also, since I don't have an SD card at the moment, I'm running homebrew channel apps from a USB stick. Getting tons of code dumps
frown.gif

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Use StartPatch and enable "bypass disk update check" (I think that's what it's called) and anything else you may want.

Melee54

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jdbye said:
Use StartPatch and enable "bypass disk update check" (I think that's what it's called) and anything else you may want.

Ahh! Kind of like starfall, if I remember correctly. Thanks, worked fine
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Grave shovel