Wanderer509

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi there,

i have been playting zelda: spirit track for some time now and today i was upgrading my savelib/infolib and adding roms and such. i formatted the microSD and procceeded to add all the original files back in. HOWEVER, now my zelda doesnt read my save files (i put both zelda.nds and zelda.sav together, but when i fire up DSTT, the zelda.sav becomes _zelda.sav)

what should i do and how can i correct this? I really want my save file back =(

ps: my zelda sav file weights it at 524KB.

Wanderer509

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
however, it did work before using the 524kb and it was fine. it was only now that its not working, i dont even see the zelda.sav in the dstt menu now for some reason.

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange, how far in were you?

P.S. If I'm not very helpful it's because I don't have a DSTT.

Wanderer509

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
haflore said:
It needs to be a 1Mb save file, if I'm not mistaken.

i am almost at the fire temple, gave the ice to gorons.

edit: when i highlight the game, it shows a savetime, but it proceeds to create another save file. =(

edit 2:i have tried editting the save file that it generates, but it wont accept it n just overwrites my file with a new one.

edit 3:

this is what i have tried

sued both clean or previously used rom, generate save file, and the replace save file with my previous save file. but every time i do that it just creates a NEW save file. i am getting so frustrated and i have no idea why dstt wont just read the old save file. please help.

edit 4:

GOODNEWS, i have fixed it!

what i had to do was edit the save files manually. the only part i edited was the top parts but i guess thats all it took. thank God.

Wanderer509

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bitonio6 said:
Have you read the topic about the 1024Ko Sav?

The solution is at the end of this topic!

i believe i have read the thread in question. however, the problem is not that the save doesnt work, its that it doesnt work all of a sudden. i tried converting to 1MB already yet it didnt work, only when i manually editted the save file did it work.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
in DSTT's alternative FW... 512KB is enough for us.. even the unofficial a12 uses 512kb save file..

other flash cart uses 1meg save file.. so dont force the 1mb here.. cause we use 512kb on DSTT

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dnniwa485 said:
in DSTT's alternative FW... 512KB is enough for us.. even the unofficial a12 uses 512kb save file..

other flash cart uses 1meg save file.. so dont force the 1mb here.. cause we use 512kb on DSTT
No, you can't. It just means you have an outdated savlib.dat file, and your save file will corrupt eventually.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wanderer509 said:
ps: my zelda sav file weights it at 524KB.Are you sure it's 524KB and not 512?
That's a rather odd size for the save file as it doesn't fit a power of 2 (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, ...)

injected11 said:
QUOTE(dnniwa485 @ Jan 6 2010, 07:10 AM) in DSTT's alternative FW... 512KB is enough for us.. even the unofficial a12 uses 512kb save file..

No, you can't. It just means you have an outdated savlib.dat file, and your save file will corrupt eventually.
No... I've beat the game on my real R4 using YSMenu w/ DSTT 1.17a12 and my save file is 512KB.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
^yeah.. i dont know why those guys keep saying 1meg 1meg... hahahaa.. 512kb is enough guys. we hate extra kilos.

injected11 said:
dnniwa485 said:

huh? i finished the game with 512kb shit savefile you know?

denieru7

Trophies
XP
Country
I was under the impression that 512 KB was enough, too. I had very nearly finished the game as well.

But then as I did random sidequests I guess the 512KB filled up and my save corrupted.

Luckily I regularly make backups of my microSD card so I converted it to a 1MB save.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.