URGENT! My Official 4gb Dsi SD card can't be regocnised by my

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Gullwing, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Gullwing
    OP

Member Gullwing Synesthete

Greece
    So I bought an Official DSi Sandisk SD card 6 days ago and it has been working fine both on my Wii and DSi ... So today when I tried putting some songs on my SD card.. my pc would stuck... I know it can be my PC's fault but I have tried it on 7 differend PCs and between 4 Sd card readers and no result.... Sometimes it says something about a timeout... I would try to format it but I can't even do this in the Command Prompt... Is my SD card faulty? Please help!!!

2. Yami Toshiro

Banned Yami Toshiro Banned

United States
    Hi you are from Greece me too but it says USA loipon bale miktoterh mnhmh egw 2 giga kai einai mia xara [​IMG]

3. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    wierd i have the same one on my wii and dsi and have never encountered this problem but have an 8gb try a few more readers etc if it doesnt work why not use the wii ftp server to copy files and the wii sd explorer to copy pastes delete etc

4. Gullwing
    OP

Greece
    OH NOES ROCKTAR IS STALKING ME! Ahh yeah I remember... Ohhh god I'm so unlucky

5. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    If you still have your receipt and packaging, I'd take that card back. Just tell them what happened at the store and they should exchange it for you. Most stores have a 30-day exchange policy, so it's worth a shot if you think you can do it.

6. Gullwing
    OP

Greece
    Pfff... What else can I do? It was working just fine [​IMG]

7. Gullwing
    OP

Greece
    Ok I succesfully formatted my sd through a Vista running laptop but my external SD card reader still can't read it....

8. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    Did you use Vista's formatter or Panasonic SD Formatter?

9. Gullwing
    OP

Greece
    Vista's .... Also when I try to boot my pc and my card reader with my SD is plugged in the USB port it freezes... When I disconnect my SD it boots normally... I tried using it to my Wii and it works thought

10. outgum

Member outgum Pokemanz Master

New Zealand
    Do it with panasonics, Vista is Epic fail, im on vista and i hate it >_>
    But its better to do it with the proper stuff, So give that a shot?

EDIT: Computers are designed to boot from USBS, and SDs SO when its plugged in, its trying to read a Boot file from it, its like.... Back 10-15 years ago when we still used floppy disks, and you left it in your computer when you tried to turn it on, and it wouldnt work,yeeeeeahhhh... Its the same thing happening here, But with your SD. make sense?

2nd Edit: (lol) If its working in your Wii, theres no reason it shouldnt read in the external SD reader, So this leads me to believe the SD isnt the problem, its the External SD reader

11. Gullwing
    OP

Greece
    I tried it in 2 different usb readers and no luck...

12. outgum

New Zealand
    i suggest formatting it with something that isnt vista then, it may seem stupid or pointless, but it can work, also , what did you format it too? FAT16, FAT32?

13. Gullwing
    OP

Greece
    FAT 32 and tried NTFS

14. Gullwing
    OP

Greece
    Going to have a lesson... I'll post the result later... Thanks for your interest

15. outgum

New Zealand
    Thats quite strange then.... Fat32 is the correct format, its working in a wii, but wont work in a SD reader in your computer, have you checked to see if the port your putting it into is working properly , Maybe the ports broken? idk, It seems strange for the reason it works on things other than your computer... Go to Control panel... i guess if your on vista its the same as me, so go to device manager, and go down to one that has something to do with Usb's in my case its called Universal Serial Bus controllers depending on how many USB ports you have will decide how much things come up, i have like 8 so i have a few, double click all of them one by one that is, and see if it says its working properly , go to the driver tab and click update driver and see what happens.

16. XWolf

Member XWolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Sounds like a dead card to me.

Oh, don't format to NTFS...

17. Gullwing
    OP

Greece
    I did already format to NTFS and then back to FAT32... The card can be read and written by my laptop's internal SD reader but It can't be read by External card readers.. i tried 2 and 1 more today and still no luck.

18. blainy

Member blainy GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    i know it sounds silly, but you are certain the the reader you are using is compatible with SDHC cards?? i had a similar problem once myself, and it turned out that this had been the problem..some older usb sd adapters simply dont work with cards larger than 2 gig