Urgent HTML/CSS help!

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Bitbyte, Dec 7, 2006.

Dec 7, 2006

Urgent HTML/CSS help! by Bitbyte at 11:34 PM (629 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Bitbyte
    OP

Member Bitbyte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Belgium
    Well uhm.. I kinda need help with my website, the thing is, I got a certain image that I use as a submenu (just a square with a border saved as submenu.gif). But now I would like to know how I can type text inside the image, so I can use that in my template to quickly edit the text on each page. I have to make an editable div that fits over the image, so I can put text in it. We gotta do this since I have to use templates, so I can't just photoshop the text on it.

Thanks in advance,

bbyte

*EDIT* It's like this: the background image is Image and I need to write code in CSS/HTML to make an edittable region inside that picture, so I can type in it.

2. Shtroodle

Newcomer Shtroodle Advanced Member

Czech Republic
    You could make your div background appear as that gif of yours {background-image: url(img/blabla.gif); background-repeat:no-repeat;}. Then your text would be above the gif and you'de be able to do it with one div. Other choices could include two divs, one above other (z-index:*) and the text div set with a transparent background {background-color:transparent;}. Hope this helps.

EDIT: But then again, it seems you want the text area to be editable so you'd need something like a form's textarea with a predefined text. Or maybe I just got it wrong and you can forget about the whhole thing [​IMG]