Urgent help needed!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by woddles, Jul 31, 2007.

Jul 31, 2007

Urgent help needed!!!! by woddles at 7:10 AM (1,213 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. woddles
    OP

Newcomer woddles Newbie

New Zealand
    Ok, i tried to update the firmware on my ncard, and i used the one here Hereee, i copied all the files to my ncard then started the ds up and ran the udisk file, then it said 'Quick format or full?' so i chose quick, then it finished but it said 'please copy on xmenu' so i restarted my ds and copied the file on, but in the ds folder, everything was gone, but there was a file called "[]", so i copied the dsystem over again, then i started the ds up, and it said 'dsystem couldnt be found' so i checked to see if it was still there, but the only thing that changed was, the dsystem folder was gone and the file called "[]" had increased in size, now i tried 1 more time with the dsystem folder, and after it said couldnt find dsystem, i checked one final time, and i double clicked the directory where the NDS (USB) was, and it says 'The disk in drive E: is not formatted, please format it' and i cant access the ncard anymore! Please please help!!!

2. wilsey

Newcomer wilsey Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Full Format should fix ya up, needs done at least once, then copy over xmenu, start up the ds an system files will be created for you, then restart in usb mode an copy over roms, homebrew etc

3. woddles
    OP

Newcomer woddles Newbie

New Zealand
    i did what you said, i formatted in 'FAT' format, then once it all finished, i copied over the xmenu file and started the ds up, and when i started the ncard up, it said, "couldnt find dsystem folder".. [​IMG] All i did was, format, copy xmenu on (ONLY XMENU (Nothing else) [​IMG] ) then unplugged ds from the pc, then it says the error :\

4. woddles
    OP

Newcomer woddles Newbie

New Zealand
    Ok, i found out how to do most of it, i formatted it properly with the new firmware on, but wen i try to load it up, it says 'Need udisk v1.45!' .. If you can help with this last one, im sure ittle work [​IMG]

5. wilsey

Newcomer wilsey Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    i c wat you have done, that is a flasher file to be used whilst the card is in flash mode, not to be run from the DS itself, follow these steps

insert writer into PC USB and SLOT 2 on your NDS

START THE DS with L,R,A,B and UP pressed, KEEP THEM PRESSED, it will display USB SAFE BLOCK on your DS, PC will pick up a fireline device

In the downloaded file you will see a file called HAND_ALL.bat, double click it and it will flash your card

RESTART our DS with START & SELECT HELD DOWN, KEEP THEM PRESSED, this will bring up the format screen on your DS, select FULL FORMAT, after that windows will pick up a removeable storage device, now copy XMENu.dat only,

RESTART DS normally and select MENU MODE, the card will auto create DSYSTEM FOLDER & CONFIG FILE

RESTART DS normallt and select USB MODE and copy over roms etc

6. woddles
    OP

Newcomer woddles Newbie

New Zealand
    Ok, i think my ncard is stuffed [​IMG]
    Now, when i start up my ds, there is no image for the ncard and if i choose it, a while screen shows up! Ive tryed lots of times over and over, taking the ncard in and out of the slot1 and it doesnt work! if i plug it into the pc, it still doesnt work! the pc cant read it :s
    I hope it hasnt stuffed up!

7. woddles
    OP

Newcomer woddles Newbie

New Zealand
    I found that i can still put it into usb safe mode, but i cant format it from the computer or the nds! Please help guys, even if i can get the firmware back to what it was, my previous firmware was 1.23
    Thanks guys i hope i can fix this!

8. h8uthemost

Member h8uthemost GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

Did you use the N-Card firmware from July 16th? Go into the Download section here and get it. I think it's 1.45 with xmenu 2.52. It has the date July 16th right by it though.

I tried upgrading the firmware with my DS-Linker to the MK5 1.45. And I got the xmenu error. But then I used the N-Card firmware and it was fine.

9. liliascarlet

Newcomer liliascarlet Newbie

Tuvalu
    im having the same file except when i click HAND_ALL (for me it's NAND_ALL) it says"
    F:\>USBNDS.exe udisk.nds 2 1
    NAND FLASH WRITER USB TEST V1.5 UP FIRELINE
    init usbdll
    init usb writer
    nand_init error!
    "

could it be that when i put my DS into "USB safe mode" when i click of "removable drive F:/" it says "insert drive into F:/" so i have to acess H/NAND_ALL through USB MODE?

10. liliascarlet

Newcomer liliascarlet Newbie

Tuvalu
    for me, when i downloaded my new firmware, it stopped working. I tried using old firmware because i noticed my N-Card was V 1.40 ( you can check with the up-left corner of the USB MODE screen) howecer, when i only have DSYSTEM AND XMENU.dat, it says FREE DISK NOT ENOUGH! PLEASE DEL SOME FILE!
    help?

11. 01FE

Newcomer 01FE Newbie

United States