Urgent help, 360 JAPAN.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Hermessz, Jul 18, 2008.

Jul 18, 2008

Urgent help, 360 JAPAN. by Hermessz at 11:00 AM (1,025 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Hermessz
    OP

Member Hermessz GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    Hi to all,
    I'm writing to you now from japan, on a trip [​IMG]
    Anyway, I saw an Xbox360 in 47,000 Y, which is at least 350-450 USD.
    anyway, from where I come from, it's a one in a life deal, but I still wanna check up some stuff,

1. is there a way to change the japanese menu to english?
    2. Are the games Multi-Zone like the PS3?
    3. What possibilities do I have for modding the console, by meaning to be able to run copies of games and burned game in english. What is the procedure etc.

Thx in advance, kinda urgent due to I'm comming back from japan.

2. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    I believe you can set the language to English on the console, as I can set my PAL 360 to Japanese and many other languages in the dash settings.
    All you can do is flash the DVD drive and play Japanese or region free titles. A lot of 360 releases are region free, but theres many great games that are not.

3. Link00y

Newcomer Link00y Advanced Member

Germany
    Okay:

1. I have a Europe 360 and I can set it to Japanese - so I guess a Japanese one can be set to English/whatever you like
    2. NOT ALL - publishers may decide which console their games run on.. http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-xbox360...uide-49-en.html will give you an idea about that!
    3. The chances you can mod your console by firmware flashing is there - you'll be able to run copies then.. overriding region codes will not be possible

Hope this helps!

4. Hermessz
    OP

Member Hermessz GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    Wait, even if I mod my console, I won't be able to read all regions? BTW, if I download ENGLISH NTSC-J coppies of games like from Play-Asia, you know, will they work? And I hope this works, I don't wanna waste money on nothing.

5. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    Every game from the system's native region will work. So since you'd be getting it from Japan, then it'd play all NTSC-J games, and the ones that are actually Region Free.

6. Link00y

Newcomer Link00y Advanced Member

Germany
    well, if you use NTSC-J copies they'll defenitely work. Just not all NTSC-J games contain English stuff. Other games do even include games other than English.

For circumventing region codes: this is simply not possible at all on Xbox 360.. even if you copy games. Games are signed and the region code is also signed.. unlike Nintendo Microsoft has developed a decent signature system which yet has to be cracked.

So if you download games which do not work on NTSC-J consoles normally you won't be able to modify them so they'll do. It's simply NOT POSSIBLE (edit: at least as of now, of course if people crack the private key then we could).

7. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    No, even if you mod it you won't be able to read all regions. NTSC-J copies will work, as will region free games. Any NTSC-U or PAL only games will not work.
    Unless your crazy for Japanese games, I'd strongly suggest getting a PAL or US 360.
    If you go to http://abgx.net, in the 360 section you can see just how many games are actually region locked as it would suck if you bought the J console and then found out most of the games you wanted were not region free!