Homebrew URGENT! Do I want to transfer my o3DS SD card to N3DS?

nils_olav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

I'm on the SYstem Transfer step of this guide.

https://plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade

I chose "yes" to transfer the contents of my o3DS SD card to the new 3DS wirelessly. was I supposed to do that? The guide didnt say that I should or shouldn't do that. Please let me know. I backed up my SD cards so I will have to wait a week and do another system transfer if I wasn't supposed to do this...

The guide says:

Do NOT downgrade with dgTool on a device that already has arm9loaderhax installed or you will BRICK!

So this makes me think I was not supposed to transfer my o3DS SD card contents to the N3DS. Or am I wrong? Arm9loaderhax is on my o3DS SD card...

Last edited by nils_olav,

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to move the SD card contents one way or another (it moves your DSiWare stuff to the SD and your target console uses that to install it and the save). I don't think it matters what method you use.

The warning is about using the DSiWare exploit to downgrade your NFIRM on a console that already has A9LH. If your target console already had A9LH, you'd have no reason to do that transfer to begin with.

Last edited by Cuphat,

nils_olav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to move the SD card contents one way or another (it moves your DSiWare stuff to the SD and your target console uses that to install it and the save). I don't think it matters what method you use.

The warning is about using the DSiWare exploit to downgrade your NFIRM on a console that already has A9LH. If your target console already had A9LH, you'd have no reason to do that transfer to begin with.

Okay. So the A9LH is on the SD Card, but its not "installed" yet so I don't have to worry about the step saying it could cause a brick?

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arm9loaderhax.bin isn't A9LH, it's just the CFW (or other payload) that is loaded by A9LH. A9LH is installed to the console. You won't have A9LH on the new console until the end of the guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: