Hacking Upside Down

WickEd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I have read and know everyone is aware of the deliberate flipping of the Homebrew Channel when installing a trucha signed IOS. Is there any fix? Mine has flipped after performing the steps under "Installing the HBC (Homebrew Channel) and a cIOS" located here: http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/help/readmii. I have not been able to find a fix for this, but I believe it involves IOS61?

Thanks for your help

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use DOP-IOS or something similar to install a normal version of IOS61, then reinstall the HBC with the HackMii Installer. That ought to do the trick.

WickEd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies. I already tried the DOP-IOS steps but it crashed with a white & black pattern.

I choose IOS36, then from the three choices (IOS, Channels, System Menu) choose IOS. It says, "select the IOS you want to dop," and I choose IOS36 (Currently installed is v3094).

The last screen says "are you sure you want to install IOS36 v3351? Yes, then to the final two questions No (as per the instructions) which are 2) Apply Sig Hash Check patch in IOS36? and 3) Apply ES_Identify patch in IOS36?. I get a pattern of black and white and the system is frozen.

Am i doing something wrong here?

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
WickEd said:
Thanks for the replies. I already tried the DOP-IOS steps but it crashed with a white & black pattern.

I choose IOS36, then from the three choices (IOS, Channels, System Menu) choose IOS. It says, "select the IOS you want to dop," and I choose IOS36 (Currently installed is v3094).

The last screen says "are you sure you want to install IOS36 v3351? Yes, then to the final two questions No (as per the instructions) which are 2) Apply Sig Hash Check patch in IOS36? and 3) Apply ES_Identify patch in IOS36?. I get a pattern of black and white and the system is frozen.

Am i doing something wrong here?
If you feel comfortable with WAD Manager, you could always use NUS Downloader to download a clean copy of IOS 61, then install that with WAD Manager.

WickEd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your help all. I'm not exactly sure what did it, with the white patterns not providing any confirmation any IOS was altered, but I simply reran the HackMii installer (by placing its boot.elf file into the Homebrew Browser's folder with the SD card's apps folder, and uninstalled and reinstalled the Homebrew Channel Browser. The Homebrew Channel is back up the right way now

Thanks again. Hope someone finds this useful - it could just be a case of un/reinstalling HBC

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended