UPS Delivery Trucks

Does the UPS truck honk when it pulls up to your house?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
@ mthr wtf 24" imac?? werent you having money troubles a year ago or so?
I'm doin' ok now. You can only go halfway into the woods, after that, you're coming out of 'em. I'm coming out of 'em, but it's been a rough f'n hike to be sure.

Back on topic though (slightly...) The UPS guy looked like WeaponXxX, and did indeed have some wicked mirrored shades on.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPS (A.K.A. Oops
wink.gif
) never beeps their horn, but they always knock on the door. Deliveries usually show up a day before they were scheduled to arrive.

The biggest issue I have with UPS is that the packages usually have the "Ace Ventura" treatment done to them. The packages are really beaten and battered looking when we get them. We've bought quite a few hard drives from Newegg, had them shipped UPS and have experienced about a 40% failure rate using UPS.

By contrast, when we use Fed-Ex for shipping, the packages arrive in good condition and show up earlier in the day.

Don Andy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Don't have that good experience with UPS either, although I got just one package from them so far.

Only did it because I really needed it and wanted 24h delivery.

So, when I ordered, I naturally monitored the online tracking all the time. Then it suddenly said "Delivered" and at "Delivered to" there was some random name I never heard of. My family didn't get the package. We didn't have any neighbours with that name and looking it up the phonebook, there wasn't even a guy with that name living in my town oO

It later turned out that my father (who lives next door) got the package. How the UPS guy came up with that strange name I still don't know.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, when I ordered, I naturally monitored the online tracking all the time. Then it suddenly said "Delivered" and at "Delivered to" there was some random name I never heard of. My family didn't get the package. We didn't have any neighbours with that name and looking it up the phonebook, there wasn't even a guy with that name living in my town oO

It later turned out that my father (who lives next door) got the package. How the UPS guy came up with that strange name I still don't know.

UPSreceipt.com

Round two went well for me, the guy knocked loudly as my instructions taped to the door asked and I didn't even have to sign for it (he looked like he was in a big hurry, though). My guess is that he pulled one of those tricks that you see in the video above (and also pulled with you, Don). I assume that they often use that method when they're running late and don't have time for each customer to sign and finalize...
unsure.gif

[Basically, one person signs for their package and, after the signing, the UPS dude can modify details such as what deliveries that person "signed" for, how many/what packages, etc...]

Hiratai

I'm like *tick* *tick*
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't have that good experience with UPS either, although I got just one package from them so far.

Only did it because I really needed it and wanted 24h delivery.

So, when I ordered, I naturally monitored the online tracking all the time. Then it suddenly said "Delivered" and at "Delivered to" there was some random name I never heard of. My family didn't get the package. We didn't have any neighbours with that name and looking it up the phonebook, there wasn't even a guy with that name living in my town oO

So, it was no one in your town, yet it was your father next door...who lives in the same town?

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I use USPS for all my eBay shipping for selling, and try to get it for buying as well. Priority Mail is only $4.60, nice deal IMO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @NinStar, Who's whipping who?