UPS Delivery Trucks

Does the UPS truck honk when it pulls up to your house?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok im usually expecting something from the UPS guy. I always know hes here when i hear the beep of the truck when he pulls up. Im not sure if its just my delivery guy or if its a "UPS rule".
Soo... Does your UPS delivery person honk when he/she pulls up to your place?

biggrin.gif

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, but I think the last local guy did.
But I avoid UPS ever since it took them a week to ship an overnight package.

Same story here (kinda)

So ive bought an airgun (crosman 2100) and its suppose to get there on Wednesday (last). I see the UPS guy pull up and goes to the back of the truck... and he pulls out.... NOTHING. He just gets into the drivers seat and pulls away... The tracking number online said it was suppose to get there that day... Instead he "claims" that no one was there to receive the package...
hate2.gif
Just admit ya forgot the package dont go around making BS up...

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Never for me. Just the usual rings the doorbell and leaves the package at the doorstep. They seem to get back to their trucks rather quickly...

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Nope. But I avoid UPS ever since it took them a week to ship an overnight package.

Wouldn't that mean that it ships from the manufacturer overnight?
http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/...l?WT.svl=SubNav
It was one of those Next Day ones.

Order placed on a Wednesday.
Shipped by the store on Thursday.
So it should have arrived Friday. It didn't.
So it should have arrived Monday (since Sat-Sun aren't business days). It didn't.
It arrived on the next Friday.

Looking at the tracking it stayed in El Paso, TX for about 3 days because of shipping errors. Then it was sent to Kentucky, then back to Midland/Odessa, TX. El Paso and Midland/Odessa are about the same distance from me, and the closest major cities. So it basically got close, then took several steps back.

Totally ridiculous for shipping a small laptop harddrive. The cost for shipping "overnight" was almost as much as the harddrive's cost alone.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My UPS guys don't beep shit. You wanna know what they do?!

Sometimes, I'll be waiting for a package and the door is right there so I can hear if someone makes even the slightest tap on my door. After thinking that the package is just a little late, I'd step outside just to see that they slapped one of those "Oshit, sorry, you weren't here when we stopped by" note thingies. Clearly bullshit.

My neighbor later told me that the UPS guys sometimes do that if they're running behind schedule like crazy or something, they'll just jump out of the truck, slap on a note, and run to the next drop off before they lose even more time...
unsure.gif

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mother fucker pulled the same shit a couple mins ago...
mad.gif

I was expecting a package, didn't fucking knock, I spotted his ass from the window as I was walking around, I ran to get my slips on, ran down the stairs, and that asshole ghosted, leaving behind a Sticky piece of shit.

I'm pissed the fuck off now, this is some bullshit...
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i used to work for ups..we would beep usually just as a signal to let other cars or pets in the driveway maybe kids know we were pulling. it's hard to see out the back because you have this crap little camera with crap lighting.

we used to always just drop the package somewhere safe ring the doorbell and take off...when they got to the door to see who was there we'd be gone but they would see their package..

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we used to always just drop the package somewhere safe ring the doorbell and take off...when they got to the door to see who was there we'd be gone but they would see their package..
Man, I wish my guys did that instead of leaving a "Oops, we missed you cuz we don't know how to fucking knock" sticky...
mad.gif

At least USPS has the decency to knock and leave my shit on the side...
dry.gif

Says here that they're gonna try to deliver during the same timeslot as today, "10:30 am - 2:00 pm", but fuck knows when that's gonna be, since today they came at 1:58 pm...
sleep.gif

GRRRRRRRRRR..

[M] mash!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Sep 18 2007, 08:51 PM)]Says here that they're gonna try to deliver during the same timeslot as today, "10:30 am - 2:00 pm", but fuck knows when that's gonna be, since today they came at 1:58 pm...
sleep.gif
GRRRRRRRRRR.. [M] mash!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
Camp out on your lawn with a deckchair / very big coat and give the idiot a piece of your mind when he pulls up!

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Sep 18 2007, 03:51 PM)]

Man, I wish my guys did that instead of leaving a "Oops, we missed you cuz we don't know how to fucking knock" sticky...
mad.gif

At least USPS has the decency to knock and leave my shit on the side...
dry.gif

Says here that they're gonna try to deliver during the same timeslot as today, "10:30 am - 2:00 pm", but fuck knows when that's gonna be, since today they came at 1:58 pm...
sleep.gif

GRRRRRRRRRR..

[M] mash!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

It's the complete opposite for me. UPS is wonderful, knock on my door, always on time.

USPS is crap. Last year, they just stopped delivering our mail. A week went by with no mail so we called and after being transfered around we finally got a "we'll look into it". The next day our mailbox was stuffed, we had 2 Amazon packages, 3 Netflix movies, and tube carrier with bank promotion crap inside. I wanna know where they were stock piling my stuff!

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
My package came today, wasn't supposed to be here till tomorrow. I'm happily using it right now (24" iMac.)
UPS guys are usually pretty cool, if a bit rushed... and always have cool sunglasses I've noticed.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One time the UPS guy threw my package at me. I was on the front lawn, the guy yelled out to see if it was me, and threw the package at me. Not to me, but AT me. The GFX card was fine
smile.gif

@ mthr wtf 24" imac?? werent you having money troubles a year ago or so?

Infinitus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe because you all have winding paths to your house...?

We just have a simple straight walkway from the driveway.

Also, it may be because my dad works at home... we receive ~3 packages (HEAVY DX) a month from UPS. They don't want to lose a good customer, see?

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Sep 18 2007, 12:51 PM)]Says here that they're gonna try to deliver during the same timeslot as today, "10:30 am - 2:00 pm", but fuck knows when that's gonna be, since today they came at 1:58 pm...
sleep.gif

OH wow... LUCKY!! I had phone updates and they called. They would be there between 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM

wtf. Do they really expect u to wait 12 freakin hours to wait for them!?!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night