Hacking Upper screen blinks, green light turns on then DS turns off

jappish

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've found a lot of threads about the bottom screen blinking for a split second and then the DS turns off,

But on my DS the upper screen does this, and the bottom doesn't seem to turn on at all. Take a look at this video I uploaded
This all happened after I replaced the shell

What can I do to try and fix this?

I've tried reconnecting the flexible cable, but no help

gary2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you didnt damage the flexi ribbons on the screens it can only be that they arent pluged in right well thats what i would think iv broke my ds power switch when i changed my case lol so dont listen to what i say. now my ds only shows a quick blink of an orange light

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
check that the ribbon cable hasnt been pulled out, open it up make sure to connect everything, then try power it up without the case, if it work, you need to take more care putting the case back on, if it dont work, you need a new bottom screen

jappish

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I also damaged the power switch and lifted the pads, so I soldered another switch that works just as well
tongue.gif

The thing is, the first time, when I first replaced the shell, it did (sometimes) power on, and I could play if I held the DS steady,If I shook it, it would power off.
Now, I redid everything to check for faults, but couldn't find any, and now it acts as shown in the video.

Another weired thing is that I never can get the DS in the "closed" state, with the LED blinking and mario saying "bye, bye"

What sensor tells the DS that the screen is closed?

gary2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have read about the bottom screen shorting out with something behind it. try puttin elericians tape on the back of the screen so its not touching any other metal

jappish

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I tried this and still no luck, then I remembered, maybe it's my power switch, maybe I'm misunderstanding this pic

i4fhn5.jpg

here's how I soldered my custom switch

mkiv07.jpg

Please, if you think of something else, let me know

jappish

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, there isn't any problem with the switch,

The DS has worked with the switch, but sudden movement has caused it to shut down, so has all movement of the top screen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse