Hacking Uploading FPKG saves to PSN - risk of ban?

ipkryss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I have some saves from games I played on a 6.72 console as FPKGs that I want to upload to my PSN account. The end goal is to be able to keep playing them on a PS5.

I think I have found out a way to do it (but it means I have to waste a hackable console):
1. Make sure the PS4 I want to waste have all FPKGs installed with the saves I want to upload (I have to import the saves via PS4 Save Mounter since I am not wasting my main console).
2. Update to latest firmware.
3. Log in to PSN.
4. For each game, press "Upload/Download Save Data". (I hope this works without having a proper license for the game)
5. Complete! Optionally here I could also purchase one of these games on my PSN account and start them from this console to verify that it works before I move on to the PS5.

What do you think are the chances of my PSN account getting banned by doing this? Do you have any other ideas?

ipkryss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
@KiiWii Thanks for your input, it means a lot coming from you.

Maybe I should just give up my hope of moving the save files :)

BTW: Your ko-fi link seems dead.

Last edited by ipkryss,
Reactions: KiiWii

ipkryss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I wonder if saves are deleted if I delete a FPKG? A possibility to decrease ban risk would be to delete the FPKGs before I log on to PSN, then buy the game, test and then upload save to PSN with a legit copy. As long as it's the same CUSA, of course.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's my understanding as well. when you create a fpkg of a game, a new keystone is created afaik. the force command is meant to replace an existing file, in this case the keystone, with the original one. I think the sce_sys folder is largely, if not entirely, created by orbis with the game files being a part of image0. correct me if I'm wrong.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, I have the real keystone to every game I bought, so all of my original saves work (even with a new account using account activator). the games I downloaded -- afaik, there's no real way to tell if it's using the original keystone. I haven't started a game with any of those games thus far. my system is mostly for testing.

Reactions: ipkryss and KiiWii

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure really. I don't know how the program works. I did send a save to someone to test with save wizard, and he said the save wouldn't work. it might be possible, but I'd imagine you'd still have to have a legit keystone or at least the save would have to appear legit. maybe someone has done testing with that?

it might be possible with exporting the save and using that save specifically. I'm assuming that's how save wizard wants the saves. however, without a proper keystone, I think the save will get corrupted during the transfer. I think I tried that once (without the save wizard part).

Reactions: ipkryss

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd suggest you try transferring a save to usb the official way. do it with a game that you downloaded or one that probably doesn't have a legit keystone 'cause I could be misremembering. I might've sent the person an ftp'd save instead. there's a way to get the save back. you just need a backup (in case it corrupts), then delete the save from the database (should offer to once the system sees it as corrupted while loading the save in game). then, start a new game, save to its slot, then ftp the good save back over in its place. the savedata.db will display incorrect information (but that's okay), load the save to make sure it works, then save immediately there after (should update the database). this is how you can do it with a legit save in case a fake keystone corrupted it, so I think a fake save might work this way as well.

ipkryss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'd suggest you try transferring a save to usb the official way. do it with a game that you downloaded or one that probably doesn't have a legit keystone 'cause I could be misremembering. I might've sent the person an ftp'd save instead. there's a way to get the save back. you just need a backup (in case it corrupts), then delete the save from the database (should offer to once the system sees it as corrupted while loading the save in game). then, start a new game, save to its slot, then ftp the good save back over in its place. the savedata.db will display incorrect information (but that's okay), load the save to make sure it works, then save immediately there after (should update the database). this is how you can do it with a legit save in case a fake keystone corrupted it, so I think a fake save might work this way as well.

Thanks, but im not really sure how I could apply it to my situation! I understand most of the steps but not how I could use them!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, without a legit keystone, the game will say the save is corrupt if you try using a legit save with a fake pkg. I'm assuming legit saves are all that you could upload.

ipkryss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
well, without a legit keystone, the game will say the save is corrupt if you try using a legit save with a fake pkg. I'm assuming legit saves are all that you could upload.

I very much appreciate your response. It sounds hard to achieve this properly, especially without PS4 Save Wizard.

Another idea trying to keep it more simple!

What if I:
1. Buy PS4 Save Wizard.
2. Use it on and export my FPKG saves on my main console (according to this post it should work on FPKGS when using HEN, which I do: https://www.reddit.com/r/ps4homebrew/comments/8o4a46/savewizard_compatible_with_fpkg_saves/)
3. Update my other console to latest firmware, log in with my PSN.
4. Get a legit copy of each game
5. Import save via PS4 Save Wizard and upload them to PSN.

Anyone knows if this may work? What I'm really asking I guess is if the keystone issue is somehow resolved with help of PS4 Save Wizard or if its impossible.

Last edited by ipkryss,

ipkryss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hmm I think Im getting it now.

The problem is not transferring the saves - that can be done with PS4 Save Wizard or simply using the PS4 Account Activator on my jailbroken main console and then USB transfer to a legit console with the same PSN ID.

The problem is that my save files are linked to a bad keystone, and that wont be fixed with PS4 Save Wizard.

New plan:
1. Update my second PS4 to latest firmware and sign in to PSN.
2. Use PS4 Account Activator to log in my jailbroken PS4 to the same PSN ID.
3. Resign/relink the current save files on my JB console with help of your methods/tips above and a legit copy of the game.
4. Export to USB from jailbroken PS4.
5. Import via USB to legit PS4.
6. Make sure the save works with the legit copy of the game. Upload to PSN.
7. Hopefully it will be available also on the legit PS5.

Thoughts?

ipkryss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Scratch that, hehe. This is my latest plan!

Using three PS4s:
PS4 #1 = Jailbroken 6.72 containing FPKG games and saves.
PS4 #2 = Jailbroken 6.72, clean.
PS4 #3 = Legit OFW unbanned console

1. Export saves from PS4 #1 via PS4 Save Mounter and FTP. Save on PC.
2. Factory reset PS4 #2. Log on to my PSN account with PS4 Account Activator.
3. Use a legit (disc) copy of one of the games I want to transfer saves for. Create save data by launching game and saving, attempt to overwrite save data via PS4 Save Mounter with a method mentioned in this post by @godreborn.
4. If I successfully was able to import/overwrite save data on my legit copy, export save to USB.
5. Factory reset PS4 #3, update to latest firmware and log on to PSN. Install game via legit disc and import save via USB.
6. Upload to PSN.

This way I keep my PS4 #1 away from all of this PSN stuff for now so I dont break it's database or saves. I also try to minimize any links between my FPKG installs and my PSN account, to reduce exposure to PSN. Never use any FPKGs on the PS4 #2, only use imported data via FTP.

This does sound doable right? And should also be fairly safe, don't you agree @KiiWii?

To be extra safe I could test this procedure with a throwaway PSN account first to see if I get an immediate ban, although maybe that's overkill.

Last edited by ipkryss,
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scratch that, hehe. This is my latest plan!

Using three PS4s:
PS4 #1 = Jailbroken 6.72 containing FPKG games and saves.
PS4 #2 = Jailbroken 6.72, clean.
PS4 #3 = Legit OFW unbanned console

1. Export saves from PS4 #1 via PS4 Save Mounter and FTP. Save on PC.
2. Factory reset PS4 #2. Log on to my PSN account with PS4 Account Activator.
3. Use a legit (disc) copy of one of the games I want to transfer saves for. Create save data by launching game and saving, attempt to overwrite save data via PS4 Save Mounter with a method mentioned in this post by @godreborn.
4. If I successfully was able to import/overwrite save data on my legit copy, export save to USB.
5. Factory reset PS4 #3, update to latest firmware and log on to PSN. Install game via legit disc and import save via USB.
6. Upload to PSN.

This way I keep my PS4 #1 away from all of this PSN stuff for now so I dont break it's database or saves. I also try to minimize any links between my FPKG installs and my PSN account, to reduce exposure to PSN. Never use any FPKGs on the PS4 #2, only use imported data via FTP.

This does sound doable right? And should also be fairly safe, don't you agree @KiiWii?

To be extra safe I could test this procedure with a throwaway PSN account first to see if I get an immediate ban, although maybe that's overkill.

nice plan. it might work. I've done all of that with one ps3 (save mounter; account activator), just not the actual upload to psn.

ipkryss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So I got everything set up and have attempted to perform step 3 above on one of the games, but I am running into a brick wall.

However I do it, I get error "Cannot load the saved data because it is corrupted" for this specific game (Days Gone). I start by using my legit copy (same CUSA), run a new game and save. Five save folders are created; DaysGone0000, DaysGoneAutoSave0000, mainmenubend, checkpointbend, profilebend. I mount these one by one with PS4 Save Mounter, replace the file in the root folder (.sav file) and dont touch the sce_sys subfolder, then unmount. Repeat for all five folders, restart PS4, start game and load. Corrupted. I tried only replacing one of them (DaysGone0000) but still corrupted. The legit game im import into is the same CUSA as the FPKG im exporting from.

One odd thing I notice is that in some scenarios the file will shrink from the source into a smaller file on the destination (like a few hundred kilobytes). I dont think this is relevant but I thought I should mention it. I have also tried creating a new game save with a bigger size, but that didnt seem to help either.

Anyone that could hint me into the right direction on what to look for to solve it? Im waiting for 2 other games to arrive in my mailbox before I can test with any other games, this is the first one im doing.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
corrupted save could be a keystone problem. afaik, this only happens if it's a legit save, because the game is using the keystone key, so you have to use the same key when loading the save. I don't think fake pkg created saves matter. the sce_sys folder seems to be created automatically by orbis, so it uses its own keystone. the force command forces the original keystone (acquired when dumped) into the sce_sys folder, overwriting the keystone created by orbis. the pkg has to be modifiable though, so make sure to check that box when creating the pkg.

Reactions: KiiWii and ipkryss

ipkryss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
corrupted save could be a keystone problem. afaik, this only happens if it's a legit save, because the game is using the keystone key, so you have to use the same key when loading the save. I don't think fake pkg created saves matter. the sce_sys folder seems to be created automatically by orbis, so it uses its own keystone. the force command forces the original keystone (acquired when dumped) into the sce_sys folder, overwriting the keystone created by orbis. the pkg has to be modifiable though, so make sure to check that box when creating the pkg.

It's a scene release FPKG, so I dont think it contains a legit keystone. Any way I can confirm only from the pkg itself? I tried checking it via Image Checker but I didnt find any info about keystone.

If it's a specific keystone, im in trouble right? Since the save is locked to that keystone right, and not the one on my legit disc?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm