Hacking Uploading FPKG saves to PSN - risk of ban?

ipkryss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Cant you just copy saves to an external usb?

The saves was from a PS4 6.72 that did not use an activated PSN profile, and USB transfer does not work if its not activated. I had to transfer the save via PS4 Save Mounter to be able to get it into an activated profile (either to another console or just another profile in the same PS4). As soon as it was on an activated profile I could export to USB and then import into a OFW console with the same PSN ID.

In the end I was able to upload them to PSN and then use them on my PS5!

Reactions: f0li0

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't just copy to a usb, because of pfs? the param.sfo, from what I remember, is encrypted or something when you export the save. save mounter decrypts the saves, so you can manipulate the files. you have to input the aid (the folder that it's exported to) in little Endian (byte reversal).

f0li0

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The saves was from a PS4 6.72 that did not use an activated PSN profile, and USB transfer does not work if its not activated. I had to transfer the save via PS4 Save Mounter to be able to get it into an activated profile (either to another console or just another profile in the same PS4). As soon as it was on an activated profile I could export to USB and then import into a OFW console with the same PSN ID.

In the end I was able to upload them to PSN and then use them on my PS5!

Hi ipkryss, I've been following this thread since you created it. Is there any chance you could create a summary post outlining the steps please as I'd like to move my Death Stranding save from my 6.72 JB to my PS4 Pro 8.00. Thanks.

ipkryss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi ipkryss, I've been following this thread since you created it. Is there any chance you could create a summary post outlining the steps please as I'd like to move my Death Stranding save from my 6.72 JB to my PS4 Pro 8.00. Thanks.

Sure no problem.

My scenario was that the JB 6.72 console where I played the game and had the save was not activated with my PSN profile - if that was the case this process would have been simpler (I could just use the USB export tool immediately and move it to a legit PS4).

If you do not have an activated profile on your PS4 (or more specifically played the game itself on that activated profile), you would have to do some additional steps.
1. Use PS4 Save Mounter to mount and export your saves from your JB PS4 and your normal account. Save them to your PC via FTP.
2. Create a new profile on your JB PS4. Activate it with PS4 Offline Account Activator using the same PSN ID that you use on your OFW PS4 console.
3. Launch the game on the new profile. Saves will not be accessible - create a new game, save and shut down game.
4. Again run PS4 Save Mounter, this time when you are logged-on to your new PSN-activated profile. Import/overwrite your saves from your PC via FTP to your PS4 JB.
5. Run the game from PSN profile and verify that you can access the save. If successful, we now have the saves signed with your PSN ID!
6. Finally, the last step is to export the file via the built-in export to usb feature in the PS4 OS. Then import to your OFW PS4 in the same way!

Please note that I am not 100% sure that this is safe from PSN banning, but I dont think theres must risk to it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet there's little ban risk. after all, this is sony we're talking about. if there's one thing they seem to be incompetent about it's detecting exploited or hacked systems. microsoft and nintendo have that done pretty well, but sony never seems to learn. that's just my opinion on the matter.

Reactions: f0li0

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
account activator and save mounter are amazing. when I first used save mounter, I didn't realize that it would only mount one save for a game at a time, so I used account activator to import my saves again after having formatted just to get those saves. I lost no saves in the process. :D

Reactions: ipkryss and Leeful

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, not yet