Hacking Uploading FPKG saves to PSN - risk of ban?

ipkryss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
afaik, there's nothing you can do if the legit keystone isn't included. a lot of content sites will mention if it is included.

It's a DUPLEX release and I dont find any information about it using a proper keystone, so I dont think thats it.

So I did some more testing with interesting results:
- I uninstalled the FPKG version from my PS4 #1 (where the save is coming from), then I reinstalled the game from a legit disc (same CUSA though). Then launched the game - and the save works! So it does not matter if I use FPKG or legit disc - both loads the save fine.
- So I made another manual save, ran PS4 Save Mounter, mounted the save, saved it to PC. Then plugged in PS4 #2 again, ran PS4 Save mounter, mounted save and copied from PC to PS4. Restarted PS4, started the game, loaded save. Corrupted.

I wonder what this means? One thing I could say is that my PS4 #1 is not activated with PSN or with the activator, so it uses a different PSN ID compared to PS4 #2, but I dont think that should matter?

Maybe there's a problem with my FTP software, WinSCP...

ipkryss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
ftp might very well be the problem. have you tried exporting the save (this will require an activated account)?

I will test with FileZilla now, if that does not work I could look into the usb export that I assume you are talking about. The problem is that as I understand it activating the account will destroy my saves?

Would the method be to:
1. Create a new user account in the PS4 menus
2. Activate that new user 2 via Account Activator method (with the same PSN ID as my PS4 #2/#3)
3. Move save internally from user 1 to user 2.
4. Backup to USB
?

ipkryss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
it won't destroy your saves. I did it recently actually.

Hmm are you sure? The PS4 Account Activator page says this:

Notes & Warnings
It's better to use this program on a new account. If you use it on an old account (with saves and trophies) you'll encounter these problems:
  1. You won't be able to use your old save files easily (the ones created before activation). They'll show as broken. Maybe you can recover them with Playstation-4-Save-Mounter.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah changing FTP client didnt help at all. I wonder why it gets corrupted when Im using the same disc on each PS4.. Same game, disc, save, update.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there are issues with fpkg if you change the account to where the account that installed the package no longer exists. I got crashes when opening games them. I used account activator on a new account, yes. afaik, you'd just need to use save mounter. I don't know about using the same account. something might not be set up right.

Reactions: ipkryss

ipkryss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Ok yeah I think im gonna attempt to activate a secondary account on my PS4 #1 and get the save over to that one (via PS4 Save Mounter) and then use USB export. Wish me luck :)

Reactions: godreborn

ipkryss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I created a secondary account, linked it to PSN via Account Activator (verified with italic text on login screen), started a game, saved, restarted and then ran the PS4 Save Mounter as normal. But it does not detect my new account! Only the "User1". I created another save in another game, still only User1 detected. I am 100% sure these saves are on my User2 in the PS4.

ipkryss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
OK I was able to open the User2 from PS4 Save Mounter by making sure that I logged on as User2 during PS4 boot, and ran exploits etc from within that user context.

However I am still getting corruption errors, even though its the same console. This is nuts! So I am exporting the saves from User1 on PS4 #1 via PS4 Save Mounter, put them on my PC. Then I restart the console, log in as User2 on the same PS4 #1 and replace the save file with PS4 Save Mounter (I leave the sce_sys folder alone at the destination). Restart console, run game, load save, corrupted save error.

As I said I dont think keystone is related to this, since I am able to use the same save for both the FPKG and the DISC version of the same game (when using the original PS4 User). I have however noticed that when I create a fresh save and try to overwrite it with my own saves the file size is not as large as it should be on the destination. But I have tried to create saves that are larger via the PS4 Save Mounter and then copy them over, and doing it this way will solve the size issue, but this does not fix the corruption.

It might be something stupid with how Days Gone handles saves? At one point I took every single save folder (there is over 20 on my original playthrough) and one by one imported them, even with pre-generated save with bigger size, but no dice!!

I am waiting for 2 more games to arrive as DISC versions (God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn), I will do the same save-transfer process on them and I'm expecting them to go smoother... I'll have them tomorrow and I will keep updating this post as I go.

If anyone have any input that could help, please feel free to contribute! Thanks :)

Reactions: godreborn

ipkryss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
when are they coming up as corrupted? when using account activator or when uploading them to psn?
They come up as corrupted when im inside the game startup menu and trying to load a save. Loads for a second and then tells me it is corrupted.

btw, you're not opening these games as you mount the saves, are you? that can lead to save corruption.
Nope, never launching the game during the mounting process. I even make sure to restart the PS4 afterwards because I have noticed that the games tends to crash if I have launched ps4debug before.

ipkryss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yes! The corruption happens after I have imported the decrypted saves (via PS4 Save Mounter) into a new account (either on the same PS4 or on another PS4, both 6.72 JB) while attempting to load the save in game.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's very odd. I'm on 5.05 though, but I think @Leeful was able to load one of my saves on 6.72. you don't want to use the github tutorial as the sce_sys shouldn't be touched. it overcomplicates the process. did you mount, then unmount the saves?

do you have a tales of zetheria, star ocean 5, or mega man legacy collection 1 save? the first two might do better. I could test them on my system.

ipkryss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
that's very odd. I'm on 5.05 though, but I think @Leeful was able to load one of my saves on 6.72. you don't want to use the github tutorial as the sce_sys shouldn't be touched. it overcomplicates the process. did you mount, then unmount the saves?

do you have a tales of zetheria, star ocean 5, or mega man legacy collection 1 save? the first two might do better. I could test them on my system.

Hmm no, I am not touching sce_sys and I always mount -> copy files -> unmount for each save folder.

I dont have any of those game saves at the moment, but if we believe it would help I could just play one for a short while and create a save to test. But first I think I should try out the other 2 games I will get delivered soon and see if my save transfer attempts works better on those. Maybe there's simply something wrong with Days Gone savegames.

Thank you so much for trying to help out!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try one of your saves on my system tomorrow if you have time. that's as long as I have the game in question. I think I have the game that you mentioned, but I don't know how saves work in the game because I haven't played it. Let me know that and I'll check your saves. It doesn't matter which slot it's in as far as I know. Let me know what you think. Every game that I tried from my old account worked for me.

I'm on 5.05 by the way, which may make a difference if your on 6.7 2

Reactions: ipkryss

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on