Upgrading Wii Softmod

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Julian Sidewind, Sep 1, 2009.

Sep 1, 2009
  1. Julian Sidewind
    OP

Member Julian Sidewind GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I have a Wii that i twilight hacked, downgraded to 3.2U, and recently used waninkoko's firmware upgrader to 4.0.

I havent been too concerned with keeping this stuff up-to-date firmware-wise, but since wii motion plus came out, and i heard hte next zelda game will need it, i did some mild browsing and noticed that there are new ways to hack for more recent system updates, so i was wondering, with my current 3.2U-4.0firmware twilight hacked wii, is there a way to safely go to the most recent system update without bricking or ruining the wii. E.g. can i safely update through nintendo and have my hbc and loaders still work, or are there a set of instructions i should follow.

For the record, i never really knew the ins and outs of cIOS's i just followed the instructions when hacking for which ones to install.

If there already is a topic on this, just shoot me a link, if not, help is appreciated.

2. harrypmgaga

Newcomer harrypmgaga Advanced Member

Australia
    I'm pretty sure (Could be wrong) that it's safe to update from 3.2 - 4.1 without any issues, and then following one of the big guides on how to fully hack your Wii. You'll need an SD Card, and a reader for your PC, which shouldn't be too hard to get your hands on.

You'd have to upgrade your HBC, which is automatically done by following this guide. I used it and my Wii's working fine [​IMG]

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890