Hacking Upgrading to New Nintendo 3ds xl just a few questions.

KingxHyruler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I have the O3DS XL and its got Rxtools on it, I want to upgrade to a New N3DSXL so I have a few questions before taking the plunge.

1)Can the N3ds be downgraded?

2)Can I install CFW and Run CIA's? (Which CFW should I use?)

3) Can I install emuNand and update it to the latest firmware?

and lastly
4)is the upgrade really worth it?

Any feedback would be appreciated thank you.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
1,2,3 were already answered but not 4.

4) Depends. Basically, the only good thing I like on my New 3DS XL compared to my Old 3DS XL is the extra stable 3D. It's also more powerful if you want to use emulators and stuff (but I don't so I'm not really interested in that part). Apart from these points, I don't see any upside : no interesting exclusive, unusable "stick" on the right, no compatibility with the Circle Pad Pro for MH, annoying placement for the micro SD, no possibility to enable/disable wireless without going in a menu.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States

4) Depends. Basically, the only good thing I like on my New 3DS XL compared to my Old 3DS XL is the extra stable 3D. It's also more powerful if you want to use emulators and stuff (but I don't so I'm not really interested in that part). Apart from these points, I don't see any upside : no interesting exclusive, unusable "stick" on the right, no compatibility with the Circle Pad Pro for MH, annoying placement for the micro SD, no possibility to enable/disable wireless without going in a menu.
Uh, what? The N3DS has way more memory and processing power for games, allowing them to be played much better than the O3DS. Xenoblade is interesting and there's a new exclusive coming (forgot what it was). The C-Pad Pro totally works in Monster Hunter. Maybe not in 3U, but who even plays that anymore? And SD management is a breeze with an FTP daemon or a custom back plate.

Last edited by Joom,

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Because 4 was added later. NO SHIT the hardware is better and I'd rather the n3ds than the o3ds, but I have both so I don't have to choose.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Uh, what? The N3DS has way more memory and processing power for games, allowing them to be played much better than the O3DS. Xenoblade is interesting and there's a new exclusive coming (forgot what it was). The C-Pad Pro totally works in Monster Hunter. Maybe not in 3U, but who even plays that anymore? And SD management is a breeze with an FTP daemon or a custom back plate.
^ this, +1.
....and Binding of Isaac is New 3ds only. Plus, increased performance for all games if run using the NTR cpu speed boost or the equivalent selection in Hans.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I never said the contrary about memory and power.
I tried Xenoblade and didn't like it at all.
The C-Pad Pro works in MH, yes, that's why I use it on my Old 3DS instead of the New 3DS C-Stick, which also works but is annoying.
And custom backplates don't apply to XL, which is what the OP will buy.

Because 4 was added later. NO SHIT the hardware is better and I'd rather the n3ds than the o3ds, but I have both so I don't have to choose.
Well, indeed "NO SHIT", that's why I added counter arguments so that people don't start thinking "it's obviously more powerful so obviously better".

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why wouldn't they?
I have a n3dsxl, and I have to unscrew the backplate to access the sd card.
Oh sorry, disregard that. I thought this was about custom faceplates (like a Yoshi themed faceplate), not a backplate modded to access the SD better.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
4) I replaced my O3DS with a N3DS just for the extra power in emulators. That was many months before downgrading became possible, emulators really were the only thing I was interested in. To me, it was 100% worth the purchase. It's such a cool portable emulator machine, I love it.

Reactions: duwen

KingxHyruler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright so I just got back from buying the N3dsXL freaking love it, question though, I have a 32gb Micro SD card (with SD card adapter) on my O3dsXL is there anyway I can copy my emunand to a 16gb sd card so I can format and use the 32gb micro for my N3DSXL?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
alright so I just got back from buying the N3dsXL freaking love it, question though, I have a 32gb Micro SD card (with SD card adapter) on my O3dsXL is there anyway I can copy my emunand to a 16gb sd card so I can format and use the 32gb micro for my N3DSXL?
Yes, use emuNAND tool to make backups of both emuNANDs, then you can inject each into the other SD card to swap them (also copy the files).

tom2199

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is a tutorial in the sticky threads right on top of this forum. These are there for a reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU