OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut6Z-ARcbyM&fmt=18

This is using the patched system menu wad method and I use the FSToolbox to "insert" it into the system menu WAD. Just basically a proof of concept video, just for technical details:

I had already installed IOS70 trucha signed, IOS38 trucha signed, and IOS56, 57 and 61 without the trucha bug (latest versions of everything). I also had installed the Wii Shop Channel WAD.

I had cIOS36 rev10 installed I had a cIOS222 and cIOS250, regular IOS's generally with the trucha bug or ES Identify (the latter if possible is always true).

I had DVDx and Homebrew installed. I had bootmii as a boot2 replacement, MIOS patched and a bc patch.

I did the manual upgrade and this shows that this method completely fixes it:

"I went to offset 4AC0 in HxD and then the term before it on the previous line is 2C and then I edited the 8 consecutive values to be 8 F's, so we had 4 pairs of FF's starting that line".

This is just showing it is possible, I did a nand restore after because I wanted preloader again and my theme even if would have taken me 10 seconds normally to do so. I keep everything I originally had except for the new WAD installs (excluding the system menu) bu obviously don't get any bad repercussions.

In short, when more preloader hacks and the preloader .30 .dol is released, or we have update and copy protection patches for 4.2U, its just like being on 4.1U. (Oh and when dark wii theme is extended too).

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
upgrade your FSToolbox revision !
tongue.gif
this one is old, does not even have list sorting

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended