Hacking Upgrading titles in Sysnand fixes DS mode in unlinked Emunand...why?

Amapola62

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a 3 ds xl in which DS mode didn't work in Emunand (i had a black screen with error message each time i tried to run a ds game). I supposed that the problem lied in the fact that i had updated to 9.2 with a modified updates pack without twl-agb-mset, so someone here suggested me to update to a full 9.2 in rx tools pasta mode, I did so and it was successful and now I can boot DS games and flashcarts in Emunand..
But I upgraded Sysnand and my nand are unlinked. So I don't know why or how it worked...

So if you can't boot ds games in Emunand try updating twl and/or Mset in sysnand...:)

Apparently: Upgrade from 4.x to 9.2 with modified update pack + 10.x emunand = Ds mode not working in Emunand.
Upgrade or downgrade to 9.2 with full update pack + 10.x emunand = Ds mode working...

If someone knows why, I'm really curious to know...

Last edited by Amapola62,

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country
TWL/AGB runs from SysNAND even if you load it from EmuNAND. This is why you need to install GBA VC games to both NANDs (to have them work from Emu) and why DSIWare goes to NAND.

Last edited by kiwiis,

Amapola62

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The weird thing is that Ds mode worked in sysnand (with twl still at 4.3) but I had the error message in Emunand (no idea if twl in Emunand was absent, at the latest version, or at 4.3). Once I updated twl from its 4.3 state in sysnand, Ds mode could boot from emunand...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu