RPG_Fan_1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello!
First of all, nice to meet everyone here at gbatemp!
Now, here's a question for whoever can answer it: Does anyone know if it's ok to update the 3DS Sys firmware by using Sky3DS roms? Are there any risks in doing this? It seems like the easiest way to control exactly what firmware to upgrade to (like 9.2, etc) without having to import games you wouldn't necessarily want just for the firmware. If it helps, I have a Japanese New 3DS LL.
Thanks for your time.

RPG_Fan_1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
phanteon
Interesting, so it's pretty much safe to update using just the rom to upgrade the firmware (assuming it's a good dump) instead of downloading it from Eshop? I'm currently on 9.1J and don't really plan on updating for a while, but was afraid that at some point there could be an update that rendered my Sky3ds useless, and wanted to be sure I could still upgrade to any other higher firmwares through roms instead of being locked out from further firmwares updates from Eshop, and having to resort to importing, etc.

Ah, sorry, I'll use that thread next time.

Oishikatta
I see. Other than Majora Mask and Xenoblade Chronicles (9.4J I think), there aren't a lot of higher firmware games I'm interested, so I should be able to hold out and watch out for changes in the 3DS emunand/CFW scene.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1