Hacking upgrading r4 card

ChristopherJames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hi,

I hope this is the right section, I'm very new to this and I'm experiencing problems playing certain roms. (they show up as only white screens)

I've been looking for the latest kernel version for the card I have however the only I've found is this http://www.r4sdhc.com/r4sdhc.asp It doesnt solve my issuses and I'm hoping that I have the wrong site as its somewhat confusing. fingers crossed the last update wasnt 2010-03-25 and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Try using YSmenu (link; download from the bottom of the very first post). It's an unofficial firmware for (mainly) the DSTT, but it also supports many clones.

Also, your flashcart seems to support it (the one highlighted in red inside the spoiler). Just do as the descriptions says. If you're using the Native ones, make sure you remove every system file of the previous firmware installed because it's unneeded.
Natively Working (Replaces ORIGINAL Firmware) :
DSTTi Gold - www.ndstti.cn -> Just copy files (Use DSTT_DSTTi folder)
DSTT-Advance - www.dstt-adv.com -> Just copy files (Use DSTT_DSTTi folder)
R4Top Revolution - www.r4top.com -> Just copy files (Use DSTT_DSTTi folder)
R4iTT - www.r4itt.net -> Rename TTMenu.dat to r4.dat (Use DSTT_DSTTi folder)
R4i V1.45 Revolution - www.ndsiLL.net -> Rename TTMenu.dat to iLL.iL (Use DSTT_DSTTi folder)
R4i SDHC Upgrade Revolution - r4i-sdhc.com.tw -> Rename TTMenu.dat to iLL.iL (Use DSTT_DSTTi folder)
R4i Gold Upgrade Revolution v1.4.1 - www.r4igold.cn - > Rename TTMenu.dat to iLL.iL (Use DSTT_DSTTi folder)
R4i Gold Upgrade Revolution v1.14b - www.r4igold.cn - > Rename 1 copy of TTMenu.dat to R4i.dat (Use DSTT_DSTTi folder)
R4i SDHC Upgrade Revolution - r4i-dshc.com -> Rename TTMenu.dat to R4i.TP (Use DSTT_DSTTi folder)
R4i King LL - www.r4-king.com -> Rename TTMenu.dat to R4KING (Use DSTT_DSTTi folder)
R4i DSi XL - www.r4i-ndsill.com -> Rename 2 copies of TTMenu.dat to iLL.iL and R4i.TP (Use DSTT_DSTTi folder)
R4V-R4i v2.2 and v2.5 - www.r4-v.com -> Rename 2 copies of TTMenu.dat to iLL.iL and R4i.TP (Use DSTT_DSTTi folder)
R4 Deluxe v1.20 - www.r4deluxe.com -> Rename TTMenu.dat to _DS_MENU.DAT and then DLDI patch _DS_MENU.DAT (Use DSTT_DSTTi folder)
R4IIISDHC v3.07 - www.r4iiisdhc.com -> Rename TTMenu.dat to R4.dat (Use DSTT_DSTTi folder)
R4i-SDHC 1.41 and v1.42 - www.r4ll-net.com -> Just copyfolder (Use DSTT_DSTTi folder)
R4SDHC v1.34 - www.r4sdhc.com -> Just copy files (Use R4SDHC folder)
M3Real/M3Simply/M3iZero - www.m3adapter.com -> Just copy files (Use M3Real_M3iZero folder)

Working as Dual Boot (Keep your ORIGINAL Firmware) :
TTi Upgrade Revolution - www.nds-tti.com -> Rename TTMenu.dat to YSMenu.nds (Use DSTT_DSTTi folder)
R4 SDHC Upgrade Revolution - www.r4i-sdhc.com (Use R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC folder)
R4i SDHC Upgrade Revolution - www.r4i-sdhc.com (Use R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC folder)
Supercard DSONE - eng.supercard.sc (Use DSONE_DSONEi folder)
Supercard DSONEi - eng.supercard.sc (Use DSONE_DSONEi folder)
R4Top Revolution - www.r4top.com (Use R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC folder)
R4i SDHC Upgrade Revolution - www.r4i-sdhc.com.tw (Use R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC folder)
R4i SDHC Upgrade Revolution - www.R4i-dshc.com (Use R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC folder)
R4DSiXL3D - www.r4dsixl3d.com (Use R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC folder)
R4i Advance v2.0 - www.r4i-advance.com (Use R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC folder)
R4-IIIi v4.03 and v4.04 - www.r4dsl.net (Use R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC folder)
R4i SDHC Revolution v2.07 - www.r4sdhc.com (Use R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC folder)
R4i SDHC Revolution - www.r4i.cn (Use R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC folder)
R4v-r4i using v1.46 (red PCB, 1.4 'new' sticker) (Use R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC folder)
R4v-r4i using v1.41 (red PCB, 1.4 with sticker) (Use R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC folder)
R4 Pocket - www.r4ipocket.com (Use R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC folder)
R4i Pocket - www.r4ipocket.com (Use R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC folder)
R4i3D - www.r4i3D.com (Use R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC folder)
R4i-Gold - www.r4i-gold.eu (Use R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC folder)
R4i-Gold - www.r4i-gold.com (Use R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC folder)
R4iSDHC Revolution - www.r4ita.com (Use R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC folder)
R4xDS - www.r4xds.com (Use R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC folder)
R4-III Upgrade Revolution - www.r4iiinew.com (Use R4_Clone folder)
R4i-SDHC Revolution - www.r4-pro.com (Use R4_Clone folder)
R4-III Revolution Upgrade - www.r4dsl.net (Use R4_Clone folder)
N5/i - www.dsn5.com (Use R4_Clone folder)
R4iNDSiXL - http://r4indsill.com (Use R4_Clone folder)
EDIT: make sure you bookmark and keep the link because it gets updated around once a month. Check the thread whenever you feel like updating.
Also, Credit goes to RetroGameFan (YSmenu's maintainer) and everybody else who has helped in developing/maintaining. :grog:

ChristopherJames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Thank you!!

I have a couple of questions if you don't mind me asking.

1) when I load the flashcart; it doesn't allow me to select from the menu, rather it loads 'YSmenu' and it takes me straight to the root folder. This isn't greatly important (the games work!! which is) but I was wondering if it's possible to change back. so I can select media, settings etc

2) Do you happen to know if it supports themes which are for r4 cards? the default theme isn't my style.

Appreciate your response :)

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Thank you!!

I have a couple of questions if you don't mind me asking.

1) when I load the flashcart; it doesn't allow me to select from the menu, rather it loads 'YSmenu' and it takes me straight to the root folder. This isn't greatly important (the games work!! which is) but I was wondering if it's possible to change back. so I can select media, settings etc

2) Do you happen to know if it supports themes which are for r4 cards? the default theme isn't my style.

Appreciate your response :)
1) Unfortunately, I don't know if you can access the native firmware through YSmenu. Maybe you can try putting the native firmware in, then renaming one of the .dat files to .nds (most likely the _DS_MENU.DAT). After doing so, launch the renamed .nds file in YSmenu and see if you can access the native firmware.

2) It does support themes, though not r4 ones. The backgrounds are all .bmp files (on any flashcart's theme), so replacing those (inside TTMenu folder) will change the background. Make sure you name the top screen's image to YSmenu1.bmp and the bottom YSmenu2.bmp. Font colors can be changed in YSmenu.ini

Reactions: 1 person

ChristopherJames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Last question; (I promise) :P

Does anyone know the max amount of gb the flashcard works with? I assume it will be 4gb but just wanted to see if anyone knew for sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: hi