Upgrading my broken HTC One M8, What new smartphone should I buy?

eabos0726

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm upgrading my broken HTC One M8 and I am looking for a new smartphone to buy. What new phone do you guys recommend that has micro sd card, 1080p 60fps video recording, and front speakers? What new smartphone should I buy? I need your help guys.
I liked how the HTC One M8 had front speakers and they sounded great but now the MotoX Pure Edition's speakers sound way better than the M8's speakers. The Moto X Pure Edition speakers sound a lot louder and more clearer than the M8's speakers. I am considering buying the Moto X Pure Edition because of the great front speakers.
However I do have some gripes with the Moto XPE that make me not want to buy the Moto XPE.

• the Moto XPE is a big phone. The Moto XPE is even bigger than the HTC One M8. The M8 has a 5 inch screen and the Moto XPE has a 5.7 inch screen. I really don''t want a big phone because my hands are not the biggest to hold a 5.7 inch phone.
  • the Moto XPE can not record 1080p 60fps video. Why is that? The HTC One M8 can record 1080p 60fps and the Moto XPE can not. I do not understand that.
  • the Moto XPE does not have a Notification Led Light. The HTC One M8 has a notification led light, why does the Moto XPE not have a notification led light? Please someone explain that to me.

Another gripe for me is that the Moto XPE is powered by the Snapdragon 808 processor. The M8 is powered by a Snapdragon 801 processor. The performance difference between the 808 and the 801 is not much. I have seen benchmarks online of the M8 and the Moto XPE and the Moto XPE scored 51401 on Antutu benchmark and the M8 scored 44284 on Antutu benchmark. The Moto XPE scored 1248 single core and 3361 multi core in Geekbench 3. The M8 scored 975 single core and 2976 multi core in Geekbench 3. The Adreno 418 is not that much more powerful than the Adreno 330 in gaming.

Is the Adreno 418 better than the Adreno 330? Is the Snapdragon 808 better than the Snapdragon 801? There really is not a huge performance difference between the HTC One M8 and the Moto XPE, or is there a performance difference? The Moto XPE suffers from thermal throttling when doing heavy tasks and benchmarks. I haven't seen the M8 thermal throttle on heavy tasks or benchmarks.

I have also looked at the Nexus 6P but that phone is even bigger and taller than the M8 and Moto XPE. The Nexus 6P also can't record 1080P 60fps video. I also heard the Nexus 6P video stabilization is really bad. So I am really not sure which phone to buy. Are there better phones out there than the Moto XPE and Nexus 6P? I'm saying are there better phones that don't have the same drawbacks as the Moto XPE and 6P have?

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
front speakers? front speakers speakers speakers. speakers speakers great front speakers....
You really care for great front speakers huh? :) How important are those front speakers to you really? I mean, do you use them that often or would it be a better idea to go for a phone with amazing specs but bad speakers, and use some small portable speakers whenever you need it?

I ask because I don't care at all about speakers, but really want the audio output from the headphone jack to be excellent :P

It all boils down to what YOU care the most about though. Recording 1080p60, or great speakers? Small size or great speakers? Notification Led or great speakers?
If I put myself in "your shoes":
I use my phone with two hands most of the time, so the size wouldn't bother me (I rather have a large screen to see better, fit more text, etc). I rarely record stuff with my phone, I mostly take pictures, so no 1080p60 wouldn't bother me... And Notification Led Light isn't a concern for an antisocial bastard like me ;) So just judging by that I'd go for the XPE...

For the record, I'm still using a Samsung Galaxy S4 and think it runs fine... some games lag, but I dont game all that much on my phone anyway. Lately I've been having some issues with my audio player though (stuttering).

eabos0726

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You really care for great front speakers huh? :) How important are those front speakers to you really? I mean, do you use them that often or would it be a better idea to go for a phone with amazing specs but bad speakers, and use some small portable speakers whenever you need it?

I ask because I don't care at all about speakers, but really want the audio output from the headphone jack to be excellent :P

It all boils down to what YOU care the most about though. Recording 1080p60, or great speakers? Small size or great speakers? Notification Led or great speakers?
If I put myself in "your shoes":
I use my phone with two hands most of the time, so the size wouldn't bother me (I rather have a large screen to see better, fit more text, etc). I rarely record stuff with my phone, I mostly take pictures, so no 1080p60 wouldn't bother me... And Notification Led Light isn't a concern for an antisocial bastard like me ;) So just judging by that I'd go for the XPE...

For the record, I'm still using a Samsung Galaxy S4 and think it runs fine... some games lag, but I dont game all that much on my phone anyway. Lately I've been having some issues with my audio player though (stuttering).

Ok Issac maybe I should go for the Moto XPE even though it can't record 1080p 60fps video and it is a huge phone.

eabos0726

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys is the LG G4 worth buying now or should I wait for Galaxy S7? I do not mind the rear speakers on G4 and S7. Just as long as the rear speakers have good sound quality.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.