Hacking Upgrading Internal Hard Drive on Firmware 4.05

taxco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Upgrading Internal Hard Drive on Firmware 4.05.

1st step replace the Internal Hard Drive:
Fat:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/PlayStation+4+Hard+Drive+Replacement/24717

Slim:
https://nl.ifixit.com/Teardown/PlayStation+4+Slim+Teardown/73193?lang=en
Follow til 0:30 sec don't go any further.

Pro:

2nd Step getting the right Recovery Firmware 4.05 and USB install:
  1. Go to http://darthsternie.bplaced.com/ps4.html.
  2. Go down to Recovery Firmwares and download Firmware 4.05 and rename it to PS4UPDATE.PUP ( Don't download the 4.05 in the Official Firmwares categorie ).
  3. Get a USB drive format to Fat32 or ExFat.
  4. Create 2 new folders on your USB, PS4 and herein a UPDATE folder.
  5. Copy the PS4UPDATE.PUP in folder UPDATE.
  6. You should now have a structure on you USB stick as this ( USB Stick >> PS4 >> UPDATE >> PS4UPDATE.PUP ).
  7. Disconnect the Lan cable before turning on and connect when you have disabled the auto updates.
  8. Insert the USB Stick in PS4, Turn on, and follow the steps.
  9. After the restart you should be on 4.05 with the new Hard Drive.

* If something needs to be added please let me know.

Last edited by taxco,

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
This is great if you don't have any saves. I would assume you need to ftp into your ps4 and backup the save contents and then write them back once upgraded

taxco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is great if you don't have any saves. I would assume you need to ftp into your ps4 and backup the save contents and then write them back once upgraded
I dont this will work with save games, i have tried it my self. After puting back the old save starting the game it give as error "dammaged save date" but maby i have done something wrong.

Poketrekker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I am picking up a 1TB 3.55 PS4 Soon but I already have a 2TB Drive ready to go into it. Can I just remove the 1TB and put in the 2TB and install the 4.05 recovery image or do I have to go from 3.55 to 4.05 first then to 4.05 recovery on the new drive?

Also, My main PS4 is on 4.07 (I almost cried when I found out the required fw version) Can I backup the saves and apps and restore to the 4.05 PS4?

Migoma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did this last week with a 2tb external HDD that I had and just find out today pkg are running from USB lol

aytug25

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I am picking up a 1TB 3.55 PS4 Soon but I already have a 2TB Drive ready to go into it. Can I just remove the 1TB and put in the 2TB and install the 4.05 recovery image or do I have to go from 3.55 to 4.05 first then to 4.05 recovery on the new drive?

Also, My main PS4 is on 4.07 (I almost cried when I found out the required fw version) Can I backup the saves and apps and restore to the 4.05 PS4?

İ wonder same question, my ps4 is on 3.55 fw and I want to change hdd, should i update official fw first, then changing hdd and then recovery fw installing or i can directly install recovery fw after hdd changing ?

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
İ wonder same question, my ps4 is on 3.55 fw and I want to change hdd, should i update official fw first, then changing hdd and then recovery fw installing or i can directly install recovery fw after hdd changing ?

You can directly install 4.05 after the swap since its 3.55 or greater

Reactions: digipimp75
D

Deleted User

I dont this will work with save games, i have tried it my self. After puting back the old save starting the game it give as error "dammaged save date" but maby i have done something wrong.

you sure you dumped folder with xvortex latest decrypter?

xenosys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for this, just got a new 3.70 Pro today and changed to a 2TB HDD, and was wondering why it wasn't accepting the Official 4.05 Update :)

hazen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you for the instructions!
Is there anyone who has successfully completed the same steps in version 4.55?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse