Hacking Upgrading hard drive on RGH Phat console

lukands

I took the little bus here
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I know its easy as simply swap HDD`s in a slim console that has RGH......will it work just the same/just as easy in a phat model (open the HDD case and simply swap hard drives) ??

Deleted member 361703

GBATemp OldFag
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Then just for curiosity (and learning).......why must it be flashed in a phat but not in a slim? Whats the difference?
I honestly can't tell you but one thought would be that Microsoft made the slim completely able to just use a regular 2.5 on the old fat you needed Microsoft HDD with theie properity connector. May have to due with hardware I personally had to flash a 550gb HDD to 500 and spoff it for it to even work on my phat.

Reactions: nxwing

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't own a slim but I don't see how simply pluging in a bigger hdd in a slim would work without it having the signature files from MS to make that HDD work?

Have you done this before without flashing the new HDD first and it works on slim? If so I have no idea how or why that works.

I've read that all drives must be signed with a security check depending on the size of the hdd depends on which sucurity check you will flash to the HDD. Or else the drive simply won't be recognized by the 360.

Sorry I can't help you any further hopefully someone else can.

Deleted member 361703

GBATemp OldFag
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I don't own a slim but I don't see how simply pluging in a bigger hdd in a slim would work without it having the signature files from MS to make that HDD work?

Have you done this before without flashing the new HDD first and it works on slim? If so I have no idea how or why that works.

I've read that all drives must be signed with a security check depending on the size of the hdd depends on which sucurity check you will flash to the HDD. Or else the drive simply won't be recognized by the 360.

Sorry I can't help you any further hopefully someone else can.
I have not personally but I have heard from 3 other owners I know personally that you can just plug any HDD I to the slim idk how. A Buddy was using a 20gb and I gave him a 40gb and it works fine and I got that from a broken DVR

Reactions: nxwing

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
As far as I know, if your console is RGH'd you do not need to flash the HDD. You only need to flash it if your console is not hacked.

Since OP has an RGH'd console, a simple swap/plug and play should work :)

Edit: Although it's been a VERY LONG TIME since I've had a phat Xbox 360. Nonetheless, why don't you give it a shot :) Just plug and play and format using your serial number. Hopefully, it'll just work :)

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you know if they hooking it up externally through USB or did they replace the internal one with the 40gb. Because everything I've been reading on leads me to HDDHack has to be used and you do indeed have to flash the HDD before it can be used in slim or phat. If this is not the case for alims.

I can not find anything saying it's simply plug and play For slims.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more