Upgrading from Wiifree to "non free" chip

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by rajawal1, Nov 19, 2007.

Nov 19, 2007
  1. rajawal1
    OP

Newcomer rajawal1 Member

United States
    Hello,

I'm thinking of upgrading/Changing my Wii modchip from Wiifree (software Rev 2.43) to the "non free" wii modchip that's upgradeable through a disc.
    I'm hoping that you guys can help me on deciding what would be the easiest method to do that.

I purchase my Wii on the first day it was released. I was lucky engouh to get it [​IMG] .
    Then not long after that (about a week after Wiifree rev 2.43 is out), I decided to mod my Wii.
    The Wiifree is installed so that I can access the chip from the outside, so that the guy who installs it can upgrade it whenever new rev of WiiFree is out.

Recently, the guy moved out of state [​IMG] . So no one can do an update for me.
    So I'm seriously thinking of changing the modchip to something that can be updated from a disc.

And I would like to know if there's a modchip with the exact same solder points as the Wiifree,because the guy installs the WiiFree chip with a chip casing so that I can pull out the chip easily, and then I'm hoping that I can just replace the WiiFree Chip with the new chip.

You advice is greatly appreciated
    Thanks.

2. tonybied

Newcomer tonybied Newbie

United Kingdom
    you could just replace the chip with a wiinja deluxe, this would fit straight into the wiifree socket and is upgradable via dvd.

3. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    The Winja isn't that good.