OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi everybody !!

i have an old wii (from the launch day ^^) , with a wiikey (1.9S) , and running under 3.2E with starfall and cIOS rev12.
i also have installed bootmii as boot2. (and made a nand backup)
Everything is running fine (Wiiflow , usb loader GX etc...) , but yesterday i started to deal with mymenu and cSM.
And i found this amazing cSM called darkwii , so i installed it on my wii , so beautiful.

BUT , the 3.2 version of DarkWii is not a "full" cSM , i mean it changes only the "main" page , while settings and other pages stay white.

I've seen that there is a full version of DarkWii , but only for 4.0 wii.

So since i think 4.0 is no more a problem for homebrews , could anyone tell me how to update to official 4.0 with the less loss possible ? (and the easiest way too , i'm lazy ^^)
i mean , without having to run things through bannerbomb etc... , since HBC is already on my wii.
and what must i install to prevent further updates once i'm on 4.0 etc etc......

And i talk about a REAL 4.0 update , not the Waninkoko's one
wink.gif

Is it possible to do that ? what way ?

thx.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Thx for infos
wink.gif

Well i wanted an official update because i red somewhere that waninkoko's 4.0 was not a good thing.
But after reading some pages of this guide (i was reading it while waiting for your answers ^^) , i changed my mind.

It seems to work flawlessly , so i'm gonna do with waninkoko's 4.0
wink.gif

Thanks again for your advices.

EDIT : should i uninstall Starfall first (update block is activated) ? and i'm i obliged to install preloader if i already have bootmii installed ?

Base

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Benjay said:
Thx for infos
wink.gif

EDIT : should i uninstall Starfall first (update block is activated) ? and i'm i obliged to install preloader if i already have bootmii installed ?

Yeah, just uninstall Starfall. Thats what I did anyway. And yeah your going to have to install Preloader if you still want to run backup disks through the disc channel. Also it doesn't hurt to have Preloader AND Bootmii, just means you gotta go through a bit more until you get to the Wii menu.
wink.gif

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Base said:
Benjay said:
Thx for infos
wink.gif

Yeah, just uninstall Starfall. Thats what I did anyway. And yeah your going to have to install Preloader if you still want to run backup disks through the disc channel. Also it doesn't hurt to have Preloader AND Bootmii, just means you gotta go through a bit more until you get to the Wii menu.
wink.gif

Well he has a mod chip so he doesn't need preloader for backups right?. But yes just uninstall starfall as I don't think it works on 4.0 anyways, but if you still want the hacks you can get preloader just for that or you can use startpatch for 4.0 which will just be the hacks without the whole moving of system menu business.

But yea preloader and bootmii can both be installed and both can be set to autoboot things so it doesn't really add too much more to any startup time I think. But I'd suggest just going with startpatch anyways if you just want the hacks for like update blocking and stuff again.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
ok , thank you all.

i think i'll stay with bootmii only , cause i have a chip , so no problem to read backup from disc channel , and for the moment i just keep on playing games from my HDD , so no update.

Lindfalas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Benjay said:
Hi everybody !!

i have an old wii (from the launch day ^^) , with a wiikey (1.9S) , and running under 3.2E with starfall and cIOS rev12.
i also have installed bootmii as boot2. (and made a nand backup)
Everything is running fine (Wiiflow , usb loader GX etc...) , but yesterday i started to deal with mymenu and cSM.
And i found this amazing cSM called darkwii , so i installed it on my wii , so beautiful.

BUT , the 3.2 version of DarkWii is not a "full" cSM , i mean it changes only the "main" page , while settings and other pages stay white.

I've seen that there is a full version of DarkWii , but only for 4.0 wii.

So since i think 4.0 is no more a problem for homebrews , could anyone tell me how to update to official 4.0 with the less loss possible ? (and the easiest way too , i'm lazy ^^)
i mean , without having to run things through bannerbomb etc... , since HBC is already on my wii.
and what must i install to prevent further updates once i'm on 4.0 etc etc......

And i talk about a REAL 4.0 update , not the Waninkoko's one
wink.gif

Is it possible to do that ? what way ?

thx.

I´ve done about 20 Wii from diffrent version to 4.0E. I never had any problem with that.
I do upgrade from Nintendo and do some other things to get all work. Like the new banner bomb to install brewchanel and stuff.
Its easy and it work like a charm.
If you are not on 4.0 then you should upgrade. use nintendo upgrade, for it works.
Dont see the point to use other upgrade stuff.
I can play any game I get my hands on.

Greetz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night