Hacking upgrading from 0.3 beta to 0.3 gamma

Jayhawk35

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a noob when it comes to this, but I've successfully hacked 2 of my wii's to install the backup channel 0.3beta, but now it seems that that is the old version, and to upgrade to the latest version, I need 0.3 gamma.

Is this correct, and what are the steps in upgrading to gamma? Is it as easy as putting the new cIOS files and backuplauncher on my SD card, and running the Homebrew channel? Do I need to run the gamma cIOS first? Do I need to uninstall my old cIOS beta first? If so, how? Do I need to uninstall by old backuplauncher channel?

Any help and step by step instruction on how to go from beta to gamma would be GREATLY appreciated!

J

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
if you know how to use Wad Manager, you'll find pretty useful my signature, and about the gamma channel, I'll recomend to use the button above that says "SEARCH" and after a bar to type letters promp, type there Gamma launcher channel/wad, ok...??
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you install WiiGator's cIOS with the installer you need to delete IOS249 first before installation, which works perfectly if your Wii accepts trucha signed stuff(REAL 3.2 or lower). Waninkoko's cIOS installer can overwrite any IOS249 you have, but requires your Wii to accept trucha signed stuff too.

The installation of the cIOS may cause a lot of trouble as you need to downgrade first(or do something illegal), but without the cIOS you won't be running Gamma, even if the loader "works".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: