Hacking Upgrading CIOSX?

Xirix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just grabbed cIOSX rev20 and the installation notes say I need a .wad file of the IOS version used as base or use Wifi.

I have no idea what that means, could someone help me? I haven't installed a cIOSX before, I wasn't aware I had a choice of IOS for a base...

Details of my Wii below if it's relevant, I want to install this and then stick in the latest Neogamma and Friiloader to hopefully make everything I want to play run.

PAL Wii Ver 3.2E

IOS36 (Rev 1042)

Wiikey, the latest non-beta update.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
every cIOS is based on an original IOS, so the installer needs the original IOS to work with.

you can just use wifi in the installer to get the IOS you need.

use the base IOS56 to save you troubles.

also you should update all of your official IOS's
through modmii or my guide

Xirix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay I did a Wifi install of cIOSx rev 20, Not sure if it actually worked. Neogamma says IOS38 (Rev 4124) at the bottom of the screen, though it doesn't come up with a message saying I don't have a cIOSx installed.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the x in cIOSx is just meaning you can use differnt IOS as a base instead of the mandatory IOS36 but if you want compatibility go with ios56 it has all the speed of IOS36 and the best compatibilty of IOS

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
The bottom message in Neogamma says which base you installed the cIOS on, as this is a cIOSX, meaning the X is a variable for the various IOS bases you can install it on as a base. You chose to install it on IOS38 as a base (which I'm pretty sure is the default for the installer).

My advice would be to re-run the installer, and install it in slot 249 switch the base over to IOS56, which has the best speed and compatibility.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs