Hacking Upgrading 8.1J to 9.2J - Does anybody on here do it as a service?

ofcboyz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: for clarification this is a New 3DS on 8.1J from japanese launch (sorry I couldn't resist the deal)

So I hate to post this because it comes up every now and then, but the method has changed and I don't own a copy of CN, I'm wondering if there's any insight on this and what I can do here.

It seems like my options are: Shell out for Cubic Ninja jpn, find somebody else willing to do it for me, or, just system update and wait for a new exploit to come out in an unknown period of time.

I couldn't really find any dedicated threads for down/upgrading services, I've never had to use one for this kind of stuff but... This is a really specific situation I'm in..

Thanks

Last edited by ofcboyz,

ofcboyz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a sky 3ds card, at least. 4gb micro sd card, and a Japanese rom of cn or oot.
Yeah I saw that, forgot to list it as an option. I really don't wanna shell out for one just to do the upgrade - I'm currently checking if somebody in my area has one

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Private Server & Tutorial have been out for a long time.
If you can't find it, upgrade to 10.7 then downgrade to 9.2 instead. This is much easier and as safe as private server method.

ofcboyz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Private Server & Tutorial have been out for a long time.
If you can't find it, upgrade to 10.7 then downgrade to 9.2 instead. This is much easier and as safe as private server method.

That requires ninjahax/oothax right? Does it work the the jpn oot?

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
this about costs as much as getting a used red/blue button sky. you're better off getting a used sky and do the upgrade method here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-upgrading-8-1-0-0j-to-9-2-0-20j.384960/page-31#post-5876022
1) Private server method is more complicated than 8.1-10.7-9.2
2) Private server method doesn't reduce any additional hardware requirement
3) The key step for completely offline is not released - You have to connect to the Internet (for passing 3DS internal network verification) before upgrading 8.1-9.2 via private server

Last edited by MelonGx,

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
oh yes! i totally forgot about the SSB demo!

this is totally the best way to go. though you need to make a japanese NNID, which is not a big deal. MUCH better than buying OoT JP or Sky.

Wasn't the Smash Bros demo patched a long time ago?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Will this method not work?

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.