Upgraded to 9.9 using 3DSNUS cias... now I have 2 of all system apps. Help

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by KnightOnline, Aug 29, 2015.

1. KnightOnline
    OP

KnightOnline Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2009
    I have the habit of doing all firmware upgrades through 3DSNUS CIAs because it feels safer than doing it through the system menu. However this time it seems to have backfired as now all my system apps are duplicate. I have 2 cameras, 2 Mii Makers, 2 Mii Plazas, etc. And only the "original" set of apps work. The new ones that appeared at the end of the list just hang the 3DS when launched, how can I get rid of them?

2. Cavioe

Cavioe GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2015
    United States
    The only time I seen that happen is when I was curious on have a region swap emunand.

3. KnightOnline
    OP

KnightOnline Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2009
    My 3DS is American and I've always updated it with American firmware. What I can't really remember is if in 3DSNUS i typed "U" or "USA" for the version, or if there's even a distinction between U and USA.

4. Cavioe

Cavioe GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2015
    United States
    Since 3DNUS still works for current firmware you might as well try again but put "USA" in it. Maybe the "U" made it download the "EU" ones and that will explain on the symptoms that I had. But mine was intentional to make a EU emunand on a USA console. Wouldn't hurt to try if you have a backup of your emunand and try again.