Hacking Discussion Upgraded to 8.1.0 then downgraded back to 4.1.0 (originally on) gives Atmosphere error 2002-4315

lovebirdlover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New switch, got a clean NAND with BOOT0/1. I updated with Choi to 8.1.0 and realized i should just update officially then put my switch offline. So i downgraded back to 4.1.0. When updating, i chose support for SDXC then when downgrading back to 4.1.0, i didnt choose support for SDXC since it didnt have it and kept nagging me to update to support it.

After downgrading, Atmosphere keeps booting and gives me error code 2002-4315 and i really hope i didnt eff up my system. I just want to get back to the homescreen, update officially to 8.1.0 and be good. Please help!

edit: want to add it always boots to rcm and fuses are still my original 5 out the box

Attachments

• IMG_0568.jpg
    IMG_0568.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 584

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Title 010000000000000C is bcat according to switchbrew.
And checking 2002-4315 on Atmo-Discord is saying the save data is corrupt.

By chance did you re-initialize the system like choiNX recommends when you downgraded?
(That's all I can really think of where you may have gone wrong, someone else chime in if this issue is familiar)

Last edited by 8BitWonder,
Reactions: KeoniAzugon

lovebirdlover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Title 010000000000000C is bcat according to switchbrew.
And checking 2002-4315 on Atmo-Discord is saying the save data is corrupt.

By chance did you re-initialize the system like choiNX recommends when you downgraded?
(That's all I can really think of where you may have gone wrong, someone else chime in if this issue is familiar)
Can you elaborate on reinitializing the system? I didnt see this anywhere unless im blind

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you elaborate on reinitializing the system? I didnt see this anywhere unless im blind
When not downgrading via Hekate and an old Nand backup, it's recommended to do a system re-initialization with this button in ChoiNX.

The obvious downside being that it's a factory reset that wipes all saves and titles from memory.
uPLjC9L.png

lovebirdlover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When not downgrading via Hekate and an old Nand backup, it's recommended to do a system re-initialization with this button in ChoiNX.

The obvious downside being that it's a factory reset that wipes all saves and titles from memory.
uPLjC9L.png
So what is my best option now to do? Just restore my NAND backup i have? Because i cant get to the home menu :/

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what is my best option now to do? Just restore my NAND backup i have? Because i cant get to the home menu :/
If you have good Nand + Boot0/1 (firmware specific!) to restore to then yes I'd recommend you restore to that.
Though you'll likely lose some saves or tickets made/installed after the backup was made.

Mi460

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

uPLjC9L.png

If I am downgrading on an EmuMMC, does choosing the System Initialize option only affect the EmuMMC, or does it affect the eMMC as well?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte