Hacking Upgraded to 1.51 - Professor Layton Saves Not Loading

jamvega

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After upgrading from 1.41 to 1.51, my "Professor Layton and the Curious Village" cannot load saved games!

I tap on a saved game, it goes to the "Our Story so Far..." screen, and FREEZES. The music is still playing normally.

I tried deleting the saved games and creating a new one at the drawbridge, but after rebooting, I get the same problem!

Then I tried downgrading back to 1.41, then I created a new saved game, the saved game would not load.

I tried formatted the microSD card, put on a new copy of the .NDS, new saved game, SAME PROBLEM!

I noticed 1.51 was supposed to fix compatability with #3049 (which looks like a japanese version of Professor layton??). Maybe that screwed up compatibility with the US one??

Anyone else encounter this issue??
(my gf is gonna kill me when she finds out her saved game won't load :S)

Kira99

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nope, its the US Layton is working for me (the save loading).

Brought back my completed R4 save to my new CycloDS, and it loaded fine. So I'm going to assume yourr micro sd needs to be formatted, or the save/rom was corrupted during the update.

jamvega

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, thanks for the suggestions.

OK, I formatted and popped in my old 1GB microSD, loaded the layton .NDS file, and loaded one of the saved games I made -- it WORKED.

I re-formatted the 8GB microSDHC, loaded the same layton .NDS file, and loaded the same saved game -- it FROZE.

So my follow up question is:
Can anyone else re-create this problem with a microSDHC card?

Thanks guys!

Priss: Took the gf out to a nice dinner tonight, after a glass of wine, I broke the news to her. She wasnt that pissed afterall! Phew
wink.gif

jamvega

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Everyone,

Well I upgraded to 1.51 again, formatted the 8GB SDHC a few times, full/quick/full then with the Panasonic SD formatter, copied Layton .NDS & .SAV to the card, then popped it into the DS. After the normal longer-than-usual loading for a new memory card, Layton loaded, tapped on Continue, Tapped on the saved game...

"Our Story so Far..."
Tap

WORKS!
biggrin.gif

I havent had a problem since. Already worked my way through 57 puzzles. I guess it my card got funky after the upgrade for whatever reason. And it probably was the Panasonic SD formatter that brought the card back to it's initial status. FYI, mine is a Patriot 8GB MicroSDHC card. They're still a fairly new brand, but it was cheap at the time.

Lesson learned is to back up saved games onto the desktop once in a while.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you