Upgraded to 1.5 and now my saves r gone?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by kingtomy, Sep 27, 2009.

Sep 27, 2009
  1. kingtomy
    OP

Newcomer kingtomy Member

United States
    So i just upgraded my ak2i to AKAIO 1.5, i had 1.4.1 before. I didnt know how to do i tho and i made a thread about it and a guy told me to delete my _aio folder and replace it with the one found when u download 1.5. i did that, and now when i go to play some game the save files have been deleted and its like a new game!!! Im really confused cuz i thought the save files were held on the folder with my games on it cuz thats where the .sav file is created for every game. I REALLY dont wanna restart all of my games because i was really far into them. I checked my recycle bin to see if i could restore my old _aio folder but it wasnt even there!!! im REALLY confused now because i know i didnt empty the recycle bin because things that i deleted a couple week ago r still there. so where the hell did my _aio folder go!!! can someone tell me y all my games saves deleted and how i can restore the saves? Also i started playing 358/2 days on 1.5 before i noticed the saves were deleted so if i restore the saves on the old games does the 358/2 days save get deleted? i wont mind tho cuz im only on day 22. help me plz >.

2. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    I did not read your post,but im gonna say rename your saves from "Example.nds.sav" to "Example.sav"

3. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    Or you could just rename the KH save to Example.nds.sav and go into the firmware options and change the save file option from .sav to .nds.sav

4. kingtomy
    OP

Newcomer kingtomy Member

United States
    i hate when people do that >.> ur post has nothing do do with mine. read before u post so u dont sound like a complete jackass plz.

5. omgpwn666

United States
    I told so many people that,never get what im saying,then I will tell them what I just said now and they will be like "That worked" it gets so frustrating seeing so many of these topics. lol

EDIT
    I think its impossible for me to look like a jackass considering im me. It gets hard to read so much of the same stuff that was complaint about in multiple topics.

6. kingtomy
    OP

Newcomer kingtomy Member

United States
    No it wont work because it has ABSOLUTLY NOTHING to do with my questions.

7. wrettcaughn

United States
    Your saves should be in the same directory as their respective games. Unless your msd card is somehow corrupted to only "delete" save files, you must've deleted them from their directory.

have you physically checked each directory to see if the save files are there?

EDIT:
    Well, from reading your responses to what's been suggested to you, it seems that you have no idea what you're doing and that you think you do. omgpwn666's suggestion has everything to do with your problem. If there is a .nds.sav file in your games directory, it needs to be changed to .sav. Simple as that... If you take the time to do it rather than flaming the dude that's trying to help you your issue would be solved by now.

8. omgpwn666

United States
    The saves are supposed to be in the root of the card,it shouldn't matter whether or not you deleted the _aio folder.

0ld8oy beat me to it,so im gonna say "What he said"

9. kingtomy
    OP

Newcomer kingtomy Member

United States
    Ya im in the folder in my MSD card with all my roms and all of the save files for each game r there. For example under the Chrono Trigger ROM it says Chrono Trigger.sav and its like that for every game. But whenever i load those games there r no save files and its like i never palyed them!!! im starting to regret updating to 1.5

10. wrettcaughn

United States
    From the AKAIO wiki:

"NDS Save
    Save file extensions can be converted by using the "Save Ext." button found here. Simply set the save extension behavior (.nds.sav or .sav) in the System Options as well as enabling NDS + SAV as the "Set file list type" view. Then navigate to your NDS save file, highlight it, and press Y (Start > Properties). Click on the "Save Ext." button and then click "Yes" (press A) to confirm your decision. The save file has now been renamed automatically for you. This is not a batch process; each file must be renamed one at a time. "

if it is not recognizing your .sav files...go into system options and change the extension from .nds.sav to .sav

11. omgpwn666

United States
    Ive never heard of that ever... on 1.5 the default save files are .sav on the 1.4 most saves were .nds.sav

Try seeing if you can see any .nds.sav files,and try to rename a couple for me into .sav,don't get mad,were just trying something. lol

I notice how you said you saw Chrono Trigger.sav that is probably the newer one with no data on it that the new firmware created on startup because it couldn't find your old save

12. kingtomy
    OP

Newcomer kingtomy Member

United States
    Actually there r 2 .sav files for it, one that says date modified 6/12/09 and one that doesnt say a date modified date, so im gonna assume that the one with the date modifed date is the old with with my save files and the one without the date is the one the game created when it couldnt find the old one.

13. wrettcaughn

United States
    But...do they both end in .sav or does one end in .nds.sav?

14. omgpwn666

United States
    Just a quick question,have you ever changed your save slot? You know how there is an option for default save slot,slot 1 slot 2 slot 3 and so on in the rom properties. Thats the only way I know there could be 2 sav files

15. kingtomy
    OP

Newcomer kingtomy Member

United States
    Both end in .sav

16. wrettcaughn

United States
    like omgpwn666 said, you're going to have to start running through different save slots to see if your saves will work with one.

17. kingtomy
    OP

Newcomer kingtomy Member

United States
    K i tried that save ext. thing and it worked [​IMG] now my saves r back thnx for all ur help. just 1 question, can i change back the set file list type view to the way it was before cuz i dont like seeing the save files on the start up screen.

18. wrettcaughn

United States
    Yeah, you can set it to just show you .nds files. Won't hurt anything.

19. GH0ST

Member GH0ST Your Hero is a Ghost

France
    People never read the readme ;-)

From the changelog :