Hacking Upgraded my PSP 2000 5.50 Gen D3 to 6.60 and my files got deleted.

heyimanoob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,

As the title suggests, I don't know what I just did to my PSP. My friend told me to upgrade it (since she said that it was outdated and something) so I went to Google and asked for the link where I can download the 6.60 upgrade.

I followed the procedure but this message about the '9.90 system' and that 'there is no need to update' popped up whenever I tried to open the application for upgrading it to 6.60.

Then there was this tutorial that I should open the XMB menu then switch the USB to 'flash 0' (can't really remember the name), then change the text version from X.XX to 5.50. It really helped me and all with upgrading my device but what I don't understand is why did my games and files disappear? Did I do some damage to the main software?

Thanks.

heyimanoob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New update about this:

Someone in the chatbox told me to download the CFW for my 6.60 but I still can't access the XMB menu. I now want to know why the games got deleted. Thanks again

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Deleted? I mean, just hidden on PSP, or actually deleted if you check through PC after connecting with an USB cable?
If you used the OFW 6.60, of course that's the official one and Sony won't actually let you see stuff other than purshased games/demos.
You'll probably need to use a CFW exploit that consist of just copying a file to the PSP memory stick with USB.
THAT file will appear under "games" and you'll be able to run it.
For now try the temporary one.

heyimanoob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's hidden from my PSP menu but it's still there when I connect it through USB cable. I have the OFW running and I'm scared that if I change it to a CFW, it might be ruined for sure

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
You upgraded to the latest OFW, that means you undid the previous hacking.
The PSP atm is not hacked.
A non-hacked PSP won't show homebrew and isos if you copy those to the memory stick through USB.
They're there but the console won't show them.

The reason you upgraded to OFW 6.60 is that it's stable, has more features and is required by lots of games to run properly.

Now, if you want your console to be hacked, you have two options:
A permanent CFW
A temporary CFW. Your console reverts to its original non-hacked status in this scenario after each reboot. Use this one if you're not feeling safe about your console being hacked.

In both cases, it's as simple as copying a file to the memory stick. You can check the sticky thread here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, JonTron's back yet again until he disappears into the void for another 6 or...