Hacking upgraded DS linker to 1.45 and now white screens??

polyskilz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 DS linkers...i upgraded the first one with no problem. I just updated the second one. After it finished updating, it asked me to reboot. I did so, then wanted to do the quick format, but after i selected the DS linker, it went to a double white screen. I tried connecting to the USB/computer, but it wont pick it up. I tried powering it up while keeping the direction pad UP...then selecting L+R+A+B and it gets me to the white screen with Red message (USB SAFE BLOCK D14(ADDR5) )....however, my computer still doesnt pick it up....

Is this linker dead? It was perfectly fine after I upgraded the firmware but never worked after rebooting.....please HELP
wacko.gif

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
did you try again?

reboot windows !
try to usb mount troublesome card
if it still dont mount, enter update mode(safe block red text)
run update bat file.
reboot/quick format ds.
copy xmenu.dat, reboot ds->menu mode.
white screens still?

I doubt its brickeed.

polyskilz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did reboot...still, i cant get it to connect to my computer. My other linker still connects, so at least my computer is fine. This troublesome one is not so lucky...so i went to update mode again and got the the red text part, but i cant do anything after that happens because it still wont connect to my computer (i assume this has to happen to be able to run update bat file, correct? If not, then please instruct me on how to run the update bat file, thanks!)

sorry for my slow reply, i was waiting for an email to let me know someone replied, but it never sent one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.