Hacking Upgrade to what cF?

Nathan-NL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi all,

I got a PSP-1000 model and it has 5.00 M33-6 as custom firmware, but I wanted to connect to PSN, so I used PSNLover (version 1.2), but that didn't work because I get this error code when I try to connect: 80550F17.
So then I tried using Sony's PLAYSTATION Network Downloader and Activate.xpd, but the PSP then told me I have to update for PSN.

Now I got 6.38 downloaded (not installed yet), but I rather have a custom firmware so I can still play games from my 8GB memory stick.

What custom firmware should I upgrade to?

Thanks in advance,

Nathan

SpiderJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So can anyone verify that the psnlover is actually working with online play? I'm running 5.50 gen d2 and can at least get to the spot on psn store where it says it's undergoing maintenance, but when I try to get anywhere through infrastructure mode it connects me with my log in, but then just goes back to the last screen without any sort of error. I was thinking the new security on psn blocked the exploit. Or do I actually need to upgrade to prometheus? I don't want to if I dont have to, but online play would be pretty damn sweet. Any information would be appreciated.

Nathan-NL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SpiderJ said:
So can anyone verify that the psnlover is actually working with online play? I'm running 5.50 gen d2 and can at least get to the spot on psn store where it says it's undergoing maintenance, but when I try to get anywhere through infrastructure mode it connects me with my log in, but then just goes back to the last screen without any sort of error. I was thinking the new security on psn blocked the exploit. Or do I actually need to upgrade to prometheus? I don't want to if I dont have to, but online play would be pretty damn sweet. Any information would be appreciated.
PlayStation Store is not back online yet. I tried reaching it with PSNLover 1.2 and without it, same result on 6.20 PRO-B5: It's currently undergoing maintenance, so I wouldn't worry about it
wink.gif
(Try again tomorrow)
QUOTE(Rydian @ May 23 2011, 12:24 PM) The softmod sticky.
http://gbatemp.net/t205696-how-to-softmod-your-psp-v3
Yeah, I got there via your FAQ
smile.gif

And run hellcat's recovery flasher to install some 5.x OFW first so you can get to 6.20 OFW and run the hack.
I already was on 5.00 M33-6, so I went straight to 6.20. I couldn't execute the test of the permanent patch though, the patch failed when I chose to test it, so I installed it without testing. Works fine. (PSP-1000 of course)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: