Hacking upgrade SD card with Luma3DS games not showing

sangweb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to 3ds hack guide, all I have to do is copy the content from the old SD card to the new one but when I do this, none of my games that I've installed showed up. What am I missing?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
For the last time, EVERY SINGLE TIME a new SD card or a reformatted one is inserted in the 3DS, a new folder inside "Nintendo 3DS" (at the root of the SD card) is made, move the stuff from the old one to the new one and that's all. The SD card isn't faulty and it's correctly formatted, otherwise there would have been an error in the home menu. I know I sound kinda annoyed but after so many years, seeing card checks being recommended instead of the folder thing is just sad...

Reactions: SilverLobster

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the last time, EVERY SINGLE TIME a new SD card or a reformatted one is inserted in the 3DS, a new folder inside "Nintendo 3DS" (at the root of the SD card) is made, move the stuff from the old one to the new one and that's all. The SD card isn't faulty and it's correctly formatted, otherwise there would have been an error in the home menu. I know I sound kinda annoyed but after so many years, seeing card checks being recommended instead of the folder thing is just sad...

Not exactly true if assuming he bought a 64GB or higher capacity , 64GB and above still need to formatted first before the 3ds can even use it.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that's what OP did. Reformat the new card with GodMode9 and then copy his stuff from the old card to the new card. It should work but apparently it's not.

This then leads to the suspicion his new card could be fake, thus warranting an H2testw.

Even then, the first thing anyone should ever do when they buy and get a new SD card is to check it with that program before using it. Always.

sangweb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I know exists going on, the old card had emunand that we use to boot up into gateway but we no longer need it. Can I still recover to new sd card without losing games?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I know exists going on, the old card had emunand that we use to boot up into gateway but we no longer need it. Can I still recover to new sd card without losing games?

1. In GodMode9 v1.7.1, backup your current SysNAND in case anything bad happens using the NANDManager script accessed by pressing (HOME) button.
2. After backing up your SysNAND, using your old SD card to <LEFT> Transfer Emu to Sys. This will create an image copy of your EmuNAND as SysNAND.
3. Although not recommended, it's possible to continue using EmuNAND on your new SD card.

Edit - @ThoD, if anyone's the annoying one, it's me littering this forum with essentially the same post about H2testw. It must get frustrating for the regulars reading the same thing over and over again.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

SilverLobster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know what to do about the "Nintendo 3DS" folder after switching SD cards and this fixed it for me, just wanted to say thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself