Hacking Upgrade N3DS from 9.2 to 11.2

akificko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello i really looked everywhere but i just could not be sure. i dont want to lose my cfw and i am asking this way :)

I had 10.5 fw on my N3DS XL USA device.

I downgraded to 9.2 fw and made all necessary backups etc acc to 3ds.guide website.

Then i downgraded to 2.1 fw and installed everything what was written on the guide (of course also the a9lh).

After that i restored to my 9.2 fw nand backup file.

Luma config:
Auto sysnand is deselected.

When i go to settings it shows as:
"SYS 9.2.0.20U"

Making autoboot sysnand option to on/off doesnt change this.

I really couldnt understand if i am safe when i update my fw to 11.2.0.35U from settings app while it shows as "SYS 9.2.0.20U"?

Doesnt it to be needed written as "EMU 9.2.0.2U"?

Could you tell me how should i update to 11.2 fw with the safest way? should i be on SYS or EMU?
If it is EMU, how can i switch SYS to EMU? with luma i couldnt change it.

Thanks in advance :)

PrometheusG.

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi! Since you finished Plailect's Guide and installed A9LH it means that you also transfered you emunand (emu 9.2) to your sysnand (sys 9.2) and also formatted the sd card to have no emunand because everything now is on your sysnand.this is fine and you can update it through system settings

akificko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! Since you finished Plailect's Guide and installed A9LH it means that you also transfered you emunand (emu 9.2) to your sysnand (sys 9.2) and also formatted the sd card to have no emunand because everything now is on your sysnand.this is fine and you can update it through system settings

Hi thanks for the quick reply. I modded lits of device but this time i really was scares if i make an accident and would not be able to run cfw anymore.
There was also VER 9.2 (i guess it showed up just when i boot while holding L button). i guess that one is not the one i can update .

I mean if i see SYS 9.2 on settings menu, everything is just fine to update to 11.2 right :)

PrometheusG.

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi thanks for the quick reply. I modded lits of device but this time i really was scares if i make an accident and would not be able to run cfw anymore.
There was also VER 9.2 (i guess it showed up just when i boot while holding L button). i guess that one is not the one i can update .

I mean if i see SYS 9.2 on settings menu, everything is just fine to update to 11.2 right :)
Yes,as long as you see sys or emu you can safely update.what is your Luma version?
you see Ver. 9.2 when holding L? Can you tell me if you can boot to hourglass9 holding start?also, did you finish the guide(reached: installing arm9loaderhax)?

Reactions: akificko

akificko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes,as long as you see sys or emu you can safely update.what is your Luma version?
you see Ver. 9.2 when holding L? Can you tell me if you can boot to hourglass9 holding start?also, did you finish the guide(reached: installing arm9loaderhax)?

My luma version is 6.6 (latest one). with start i can boot to hourglass9 that works fine. yep i finished the guide and installed arm9loaderhax.
By the way i am not sure after what i saw VER 9.2 but i guess it was booting with L button. anyway when i normally boot i just see SYS 9.2. but i never see EMU 9.2 (with or without autoboot sys option in luma config). that maked me worried before i upgrade :)

PrometheusG.

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
My luma version is 6.6 (latest one). with start i can boot to hourglass9 that works fine. yep i finished the guide and installed arm9loaderhax.
By the way i am not sure after what i saw VER 9.2 but i guess it was booting with L button. anyway when i normally boot i just see SYS 9.2. but i never see EMU 9.2 (with or without autoboot sys option in luma config). that maked me worried before i upgrade :)
then everything is fine :-) you have a9lh, you got rid of emunand.you will only see Sys X.X.X-XU from now on.
(Optional)make sure you have the correct Luma configuration:
1) “Autoboot SysNAND” 2) “Use SysNAND FIRM if booting with R” 3) “Show NAND or user string in System Settings”

akificko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
then everything is fine :-) you have a9lh, you got rid of emunand.you will only see Sys X.X.X-XU from now on.
(Optional)make sure you have the correct Luma configuration:
1) “Autoboot SysNAND” 2) “Use SysNAND FIRM if booting with R” 3) “Show NAND or user string in System Settings”

Thanks for your kind help.
I am just from one more thing confused. in my luma confoguration should i make autoboot sysnand on or off? i thouggt it should be deselected? so should i select these three options yyou have written inclusing autoboot sysnand?

PrometheusG.

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks for your kind help.
I am just from one more thing confused. in my luma confoguration should i make autoboot sysnand on or off? i thouggt it should be deselected? so should i select these three options yyou have written inclusing autoboot sysnand?
yes you should mark it (x).
these 3 options are safe, you don't have to worry, they were taken straight from the guide.I have them enabled and so far nothing bad happened(and I doubt it will in the future).I have safely updated my a9lh-luma system 2 times (11.1 and 11.2)
You can continue with the system update.make sure you create a NAND backup with hourglass9 first: 1) for safety reasons 2) if you ever want to restore your system to s previous version (backup the sd card too and restore both)

Reactions: akificko

akificko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes you should mark it (x).
these 3 options are safe, you don't have to worry, they were taken straight from the guide.I have them enabled and so far nothing bad happened(and I doubt it will in the future).I have safely updated my a9lh-luma system 2 times (11.1 and 11.2)
You can continue with the system update.make sure you create a NAND backup with hourglass9 first: 1) for safety reasons 2) if you ever want to restore your system to s previous version (backup the sd card too and restore both)

Thank you so much again. i will make the backups and update safely i hope. have a nice day bro :)

Reactions: PrometheusG.

akificko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Υou will safely update, don't worry.Have a good night :)

I just updated and now i have the latest version still with a9lh-luma. Thanks again for your tips :)

For anyone who comed from a google search and is reading this topic, if you have a9lh-luma installed and see SYS-9-2-0-20U (or whatever your version is) just go ahead with system update as reccomended luma settings given a few messages above.

I am now on SYS 11.2.0.35U without any trouble :)

Last edited by akificko,
Reactions: PrometheusG.

jhess mina

Trophies
XP
Country
Hellow guys good morning

I just followed the latest version of A9LH Guide. Im on 9.2 A9Lh sysnand now. No emunand. Now my question is simillar in this topic but the difference is now the latest firmware for N3dsxl is 11.3.X. But i want to manually update to 11.0-11.2 that i wont lost my A9Lh. What do i do? Im thinking to use Sysupdater on my 9.2 sysnand(A9Lh) to manually upgrade to 11.0-11.2 but im quite doubting.

Can anyone share me a link or proper procedure

jhess mina

Trophies
XP
Country
Hyoretsu thank you for quick response

So its safe to upgrade to 11.3 direct from settings update system?

Any Cons and Pro?? After i upgrade my 9.2 a9lh to 11.3. Cant read and search in the net my internet is crap

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: An already modded one with some games