Hacking Upgrade from 4.5 -> 9.2 to use HomeMenuHax?

cheesypr09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 3DS on 4.5FW that I use with RxTools and would like to use HomeMenuHax to directly launch into it.

Should I upgrade to 9.2 FW to use HomeMenuHax or stick to 4.5? What would I lose?

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My recommendation is to upgrade to 9.2.0-20 (3dsnus package from "known iso site") using rxtools devmode with sysupdater 0.4.1 on sysnand then install themehax installer using browserhax.

Reactions: MelonGx

jmleolgq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Have fw9.2 for O3DS got partly downgrade MSET like N3DS ?
If so, any chance to boot GW, cakesFW or RXtool ?

Only 9.0-9.2 can boot themehax with RX / cakesFW . I have to say it really boot fast with my N3DS.

gamerboy1995

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I would like to know this too. I have an o3DS on 4.1 and want to know if there would be any reason for me to upgrade because autobooting RxTools sounds awesome.
If I updated to 9.2, I would still be able to downgrade to 4.1 using a NAND backup and RxTools without needing a hard mod, right?

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to know this too. I have an o3DS on 4.1 and want to know if there would be any reason for me to upgrade because autobooting RxTools sounds awesome.
If I updated to 9.2, I would still be able to downgrade to 4.1 using a NAND backup and RxTools without needing a hard mod, right?
yes

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
perks of having 9.2 themehax = autoboot
4.x just the profile exploit, 4.x fw will be obsolete because 9.2 will now be the superior fw in hax.

also, don't worry if you have the emunand setup already.
your 9.2 will boot your emunand fine even if you've set it up from 4.x.

i reco updating via gamecart to 9.2.

I've ran several problems using sysupdater / bbm etc etc when upgrading to higher fw.

cheesypr09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like updating via gamecart is the way to go. Seems there is considerable risk of bricking when using sysupdater.
My current FW is 4.5.0-8, Super Smash Bros will get me to 9.2.0, but how do I get -8 updated -20?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: