Hacking Upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1 (not 4.2) with wankikoko

puppydg68

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello there, I've been doing a lot of reading and I'm wholly confused. I have 2 wii's that i would like to ge so to 4.1 System menu so that every disc that goes in doesn't prompt me for an update. Both wii's have Wiikey's in them. Do not need a softmod.

Wii #1 my own
Currently System Menu 4.0 but updated from 3.X by wankikoko's internet updater. I assume I still have IOS36 (which i understand is good) Installed BootMii in Boot2, and have backed up my nand. Installed latest homebrew channel, and use GeckOS to boot all games.. Since pretty much every title asks for a system update.

Wii #2 for my parents(techno noobs)
Currently System Menu Factory System Menu 3.X - Bootmii in Boot2, Latest Homebrew Channel. However teaching them to use GeckOS to boot stuff isn't going to cut it, and they want to use wiifit and sports resort. I really need to get them to 4.1 with the extra updates for the new peripherals. What are my options?

At this point from what I'm reading, I shouldn't go to 4.2 so i don't want to just use the wanikoko updater, because it downloads 4.2 from the net even if you use the updater 4.1

Most homebrew apps tell me i need CIOS249 but I just ignore the warnings and they still seem to work. I did have to go to 1 version lower wad manager though, the newest won't run without CIOS249. I'm not sure what CIOS is?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cios is a custom IOS made from a ios38 and patch with some new function it install as ios 249 , it does'nt touch any IOS, it's safe to use this.

For updating your IOS and channel and get the 4.1 system menu you could use PimpMyWii 1.31

This program let's you do all that. It download all ios from nintendo and can patch them if u want. The soft will ask you if you want to trucha bug IOS but you are not force to do.

I think it's the fastest and easy way to get all the latest stuff from your wii and it install only the 4.1 not the 4.2 but you will have all the latest IOS, shop channel, etc ...

Give it a try!

puppydg68

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the quick response and answers.. I really appreciate it.

I tried Pimp my Wii, got myself to System Menu 4.1U - can use shopping channel and everything now.. But for some reason if I put house of dead overkill in the drive it still says "System Update" and wants to update..

From what i understand House of the Dead Overkill comes with System update 3.4 which I'm far beyond.. Why?

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
puppydg68 said:
Thanks for the quick response and answers.. I really appreciate it.

I tried Pimp my Wii, got myself to System Menu 4.1U - can use shopping channel and everything now.. But for some reason if I put house of dead overkill in the drive it still says "System Update" and wants to update..

From what i understand House of the Dead Overkill comes with System update 3.4 which I'm far beyond.. Why?
why don't you just install preloader and enable skip disc update in the system menu hacks. or use startpatch with the same option for skipping disc updates.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
My advise is:

1 - Backup NAND at actual point.
2 - Run the New Super Mario Bros WII or another game with the UPD 4.1
3 - Win.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users