Hacking Upgrade 2ds with rxtools in 6.0 to 9.2

Altairseven

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
A friend brought me a 2ds with 6.0 firm with rxtools so i can set up a9lh for him, checking the plailect guide, it recommends either using rxtools in dev and sysupdater or game update and then downgrade.

Im wondering because i never had to upgrade a console, how safe is the sysupdater way?, is there any chance that it may fail?, or would it be safer to update with a game and then downgrade with pleisysupdater??

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A friend brought me a 2ds with 6.0 firm with rxtools so i can set up a9lh for him, checking the plailect guide, it recommends either using rxtools in dev and sysupdater or game update and then downgrade.

Im wondering because i never had to upgrade a console, how safe is the sysupdater way?, is there any chance that it may fail?, or would it be safer to update with a game and then downgrade with pleisysupdater??
The sysupdater way is very safe as long as you follow the instructions exactly. It's not as unsafe as, for example, a downgrade. I've used it every time I've needed to update a console to 9.2. Upgrading to something greater than 9.2 and then downgrading to 9.2 adds unnecessary risk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: