1. th3joker

OP th3joker GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Have a laptop that had win 8.1. Was using that fine until a month ago when i decided to try the free win10 upgrade.

Did a basic upgrade not a full install and i couldnt get the pc to recognize the switch in rcm mode. I did some googling and found the fix on reddit. Cant for the life of me find the post or remember how i googled the answer

I then decided to do a full fresh install of win10 and a full hdd format. Ever since then even after updates and installing libusbk drivers my pc wont see the switch pop up. Any help?

2. Andalitez

Andalitez GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Try installing the tinfoil nut driver while the switch is plugged in. It's packaged with NUT

3. JFizDaWiz

JFizDaWiz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    works fine on Windows 10, are you using TegraRCM? you clicked the Settings tab and clicked Install Driver?

4. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    I've encountered this issue as related to the vita, which the same driver is recommended. when my vita couldn't connect had to do with smb 1.0. it's normally disabled in windows 10, but it's how the 3ds micro sd management works with the n3ds and how you can map network drives with the 360 and ps3. I wanted that, so I enabled all smb 1.0, then my vita couldn't connect. even disabling it didn't work, so I had to reflash a disk image. smb is a windows "feature," so see if it's enabled. it should have no check or colored in box I believe to mean it's totally disabled.

5. Souperman9

Souperman9 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I think you might have replied to the wrong thread... SMB has nothing to do with USB connections

6. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    I know, but my vita refused usb connections after I enabled smb 1.0.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - payloads, Updrade, window