Gaming updating xbox system software

anuarbin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I have a modded xbox360 that is able to play backup. the problem is the HD is getting old and i lose lots of save data.
angry.gif

when i check on wikipedia, i found out that with update to system software, i am able to save on usb drive.
so i plan to install the update found here -->http://www.xbox.com/system-update-cd
does it effect my ability to play back-ups?

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anuarbin said:
I have a modded xbox360 that is able to play backup. the problem is the HD is getting old and i lose lots of save data.
angry.gif

when i check on wikipedia, i found out that with update to system software, i am able to save on usb drive.
so i plan to install the update found here -->http://www.xbox.com/system-update-cd
does it effect my ability to play back-ups?

What firmware are you on? There's a possibility of you getting banned and some games not working on your xbox because of AP 2.5 (Anti-Piracy 2.5), do you use Xbox live?

anuarbin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
no xbox live since i am too cheap to M$ for online gaming.
ouch, game not working sucks big time.
anyway I can check what firmware I am using, without opening anything since my hands are not steady.
The xbox is about 2 years old and i get it for free so I dont know its firmware.
I only updated once to play FF13.
currently, I can play dead space 2 backup with no problem.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can upgrade to firmware 9199 (Un-rar and put on USB) to use USB, but you need to update your hacked dvd drive firmware for newer games. Newer games have new updates on them and it has to update your 360 to play.

Fable III, NFS: Hot pursuit, and Assassin Creed Brotherhood cannot be played unless drive firmware is updated.
Modern warfare 2, Black Ops, and Halo Reach cannot be played on the newest dash (?with the title update?)

Also note that for the flash drive to work as a storage unit everything on the usb would be deleted and cannot use the flash drive for other stuff unless wiped.

anuarbin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Thank you tajio and wtfisausername.
I think I had my answer.
since that 3 games will be out on pc I will just play on pc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte