updating xbox system software

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by anuarbin, Feb 24, 2011.

Feb 24, 2011

updating xbox system software by anuarbin at 4:26 PM (1,054 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. anuarbin
    OP

Newcomer anuarbin Member

Malaysia
    I have a modded xbox360 that is able to play backup. the problem is the HD is getting old and i lose lots of save data. [​IMG]
    when i check on wikipedia, i found out that with update to system software, i am able to save on usb drive.
    so i plan to install the update found here -->http://www.xbox.com/system-update-cd
    does it effect my ability to play back-ups?

2. tajio

Member tajio GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    What firmware are you on? There's a possibility of you getting banned and some games not working on your xbox because of AP 2.5 (Anti-Piracy 2.5), do you use Xbox live?

3. anuarbin
    OP

Newcomer anuarbin Member

Malaysia
    no xbox live since i am too cheap to M$ for online gaming.
    ouch, game not working sucks big time.
    anyway I can check what firmware I am using, without opening anything since my hands are not steady.
    The xbox is about 2 years old and i get it for free so I dont know its firmware.
    I only updated once to play FF13.
    currently, I can play dead space 2 backup with no problem.

4. dilav

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You can upgrade to firmware 9199 (Un-rar and put on USB) to use USB, but you need to update your hacked dvd drive firmware for newer games. Newer games have new updates on them and it has to update your 360 to play.

Fable III, NFS: Hot pursuit, and Assassin Creed Brotherhood cannot be played unless drive firmware is updated.
    Modern warfare 2, Black Ops, and Halo Reach cannot be played on the newest dash (?with the title update?)

Also note that for the flash drive to work as a storage unit everything on the usb would be deleted and cannot use the flash drive for other stuff unless wiped.

5. anuarbin
    OP

Newcomer anuarbin Member

Malaysia
    Thank you tajio and wtfisausername.
    I think I had my answer.
    since that 3 games will be out on pc I will just play on pc.