Not open for further replies.

Antoni-YO!

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a quick question..

Does updating the Wii delete all the cIOS's?
I have installed and uninstalled so much that I'm lost. I would love to just reset it. Haha

I am on Wii 4.2U and I think I just wanna jump to 4.3U... Just because I wanna fresh, clean start.

Thank you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

NO! I figured out the stupid problem! The problem wasn't the cIOS, the base, or any of that stuff! IT WAS THE DOWNLOAD! A Bad dump! I'm so mad that I took so long to realize that. Thanks to omgpwn666 taking a wild guess. Sorry about asking for help just because I downloaded a bad ISO.

Thanks for trying to help anyways.
smile.gif

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
updateing a wii doesn't delete cios only the offival ios's from ninty
(use mod mii to update to 4.3 (have smash stack-NTSC or indiana pwns ready to hack again)

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dter ic said:
(use mod mii to update to 4.3 (have smash stack-NTSC or indiana pwns ready to hack again)

If you have the latest HBC 1.08 Those games are'nt needed.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Dter ic said:
uh, what?

---

Updating your wii will not delete anything, it will overwrite.
If you have a cIOS installed it will be overwritten (unless it's IOS250 / Hermes v5(.1) cIOS)

Antoni-YO!

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
Why would you want to do that?

Well I don't get how this stuff is really working, I have never uninstalled a cIOS actually... so I'm guessing every time I install a cIOS, they are just over writing each other and screwing up my Wii. Lol

Alright well... I guess I will just keep trying this installing stuff. I need to get my USB Loader wifi working.. It won't work on Animal Crossing for some reason and it's making me rage. Haha

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What are you using to load your games?

I reccomend CFG usb loader.
As far as CIOS go, I'd reccomend CIOSX rev 20.

Just run the installer and choose a trucha bug ios to install.
Then choose ios 56 as base. Install in slot 249.
Before installing make sure your wifi works.

Animal crossing will run like butter!

Antoni-YO!

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
What are you using to load your games?

I reccomend CFG usb loader.
As far as CIOS go, I'd reccomend CIOSX rev 20.

Just run the installer and choose a trucha bug ios to install.
Then choose ios 56 as base. Install in slot 249.
Before installing make sure your wifi works.

Animal crossing will run like butter!

I am going to try this because I know butter can run better than everything else. Thanks for the help! Even if it doesn't work, I like to try new things.
smile.gif
I will edit this and tell you if it worked.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well I have the cIOS rev 20 now, the wifi on Animal Crossing is still not working.
sad.gif

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm, what error do you get?

Never had any problem concerning wifi in any game from usb on Wii... ( except for MH tri, but as far as I kow it's server side, so.. )
Not even in the older cios'revs. I think it might be something else. Could be server side to...

DO YOU HAVE WIICONNECT 24 CONFIGURED?

Maybe start a new thread concerning this isseu.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR CIOS

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
When you install new cIOS; To my understanding it doesn't overwrite the previous one .. it just is there and will be used when/if the game you're trying to run needs it. I had to install 222 today as Worms Battle Islands wouldn't launch, and after installed I'd just pick to run with 222 instead of 249 on the CFG USBLauncher. If you want to reset your Wii to it's original state, do a System Format from the Settings, then mod it again using this guide : http://gwht.wikidot.com/usb-loader ( follow the links above the guide to first install HBC/249+222/223 )

Btw about WiiConnect 24 .. If I turn it on, will it update my Wii without asking me ? I'd like to turn it on for some features enabled on games but I'm afraid it'll fuck up my Wii

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
Distrance said:
When you install new cIOS; To my understanding it doesn't overwrite the previous one .. it just is there and will be used when/if the game you're trying to run needs it. I had to install 222 today as Worms Battle Islands wouldn't launch, and after installed I'd just pick to run with 222 instead of 249 on the CFG USBLauncher. If you want to reset your Wii to it's original state, do a System Format from the Settings, then mod it again using this guide : http://gwht.wikidot.com/usb-loader ( follow the links above the guide to first install HBC/249+222/223 )

Btw about WiiConnect 24 .. If I turn it on, will it update my Wii without asking me ? I'd like to turn it on for some features enabled on games but I'm afraid it'll fuck up my Wii

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Porobu said:
Distrance said:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended