Hacking updating to USB loader GX

wootbeers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I currently have a softmoded wii with system firmware 4.2U and USB loader, and I'd like to update to USB loader GX...whats the safest and easiest way to do this? And I have a couple games installed to my harddrive, will that still work with the GX version?

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should still work!! lol Just make sure u unplug ur HDD from the Wii when updating so it still reads it though!! lol Did u check in the settings 4 an auto-update button there cause that maybe the safest and easiest way 2 do all that!! lol

wootbeers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dn_angel000 said:
It should still work!! lol Just make sure u unplug ur HDD from the Wii when updating so it still reads it though!! lol Did u check in the settings 4 an auto-update button there cause that maybe the safest and easiest way 2 do all that!! lol
Alright but I'm not really sure how I should update to GX...do I download it and replace certain files on the harddrive? I don't see like an update button so I'm pretty clueless here.

nightwaxon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bugaveli said:
yes we can tell, google the complete softmod guide and read up on how to use homebreww apps like gx and then you will understand what you should do.

Typical bellend response from this forum.

There are two ways to update. From USB LoaderGX click on the configuration button (button with some cogs on it) and look for a button that says update. If you're wirelessly connecting your Wii to the internet you can click this and it will update the loader from there.

If not, then you can download the latest revision from here. Rename the file to boot.dol and copy the file to the Apps/USBloader_GX folder on your sd card overwriting the file on the card.

All previously installed games should work OK. If not, post up here and I'll help you out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn