Question Updating to the newest Atmosphere.

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by BLCKBLuR, Jun 20, 2019.

1. BLCKBLuR
    OP

BLCKBLuR GBAtemp Regular

Aug 11, 2016
    United States
    Hey everyone! I am just wondering, I downloaded the newest release of Atmosphere from github. I am just wondering exactly how do I install it? Do I just need to copy/paste to my SD card? Or do I have to delete everything off my SD card, and redo my entire setup from https://www.sdsetup.com/ ?

2. Naked_Snake

Naked_Snake Constant Miscreant

Oct 6, 2013
    Australia
    Hyrule Field
    Just copy and over write everything if you have a payload injector dongle you’ll have to flash the fusee_primary.bin to it also

BLCKBLuR likes this.
  3. BLCKBLuR
    OP

BLCKBLuR GBAtemp Regular

Aug 11, 2016
    United States
    Where can I get the newest Fusee_Primary.bin? I don't see it in the atmosphere download... unless i'm blind xD

Oh I see a download for it on github, DIRECTLY below the newest atmosphere release, IS that what I need? Sorry I am new to the switch scene lol

4. Naked_Snake

Oct 6, 2013
    Australia
    Hyrule Field
    All good pal we all have to start somewhere

5. BLCKBLuR
    OP

BLCKBLuR GBAtemp Regular

Aug 11, 2016
    United States
    Thanks! One more question! The new version of Atmosphere comes with a file in the switch folder called Reboot to Payload, I am assuming that is AutoRCM? If so, Once I copy that file over, will my switch automatically use AutoRCM mode? Or do I need to do something else for it to use AutoRCM?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

P.S - How did you get that boot9strap day one badge? lol I was there when that happened, and I used boot9strap on my 2DS.

6. Chocola

Chocola GBAtemp Meowgular

Sep 18, 2018
    Korea, South
    Neko Paradise
    Isn't autoRCM, it's a homebrew that allows you to reboot the Switch again on Atmosphere without need use jig and inject again

7. BLCKBLuR
    OP

BLCKBLuR GBAtemp Regular

Aug 11, 2016
    United States
    Okay gotcha, So that will show up in my Homebrew menu? Sorry... like I said I am new to the switch scene. Like 1 week lol

8. Chocola

Chocola GBAtemp Meowgular

Sep 18, 2018
    Korea, South
    Neko Paradise
    Shows a icon like another Homebrews, if you run it show a message for press a + key to reboot and - to exit (If I rememeber fine)

When you press the + button, the Switch reboot and boot again the fusee-primary.bin, then boot Atmosphere again.

It's usefull when you make changes (LayeredFS or config changes for example) and you need reboot to apply their.

You don't need to say sorry, all of us start like you, so just ask that you need and we gona help you xP

BLCKBLuR likes this.
  9. BLCKBLuR
    OP

BLCKBLuR GBAtemp Regular

Aug 11, 2016
    United States
    Okay great! I saw something the other day about LayeredFS and modding Skyrim. Maybe I will need it in the future! Thanks for the help everyone! ;] +1

10. JoshN

JoshN Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2018
    United States
    Sooo boots and shows all loading screens for Atmosphere, then reboots RCM. I inject payload again, error on boot followed by Atmosphere loading screens, then nintendo loading screens.

No access to HM but software shows atmosphere in system settings.

On previous setup, loaded HB Menu through profile.

Only change was replacing folders with new release and using new .bin ..

Thoughts?

11. BLCKBLuR
    OP

BLCKBLuR GBAtemp Regular

Aug 11, 2016
    United States
    Good thing you said this, because I havent updated yet, and if you are having issues then I am not going to unless I know I won't have any. Thanks for the info!

12. Naked_Snake

Oct 6, 2013
    Australia
    Hyrule Field
    He released a new release a few hours ago according to his twitter with bug fixes but I think that’s only for enmunand

13. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hold R while launching album or any game.
    Never did Atmosphere ever launch HB Menu through the profile